The Leidos Corporation is seeking a Logistics Manager to support a program in the WMA. This SME-level position is an integral part of a Program Management Office (PMO) overseeing a large enterprise IT support and delivery program. This position focuses on coordination of material deliveries and cross-organization processes. The Logistics Manager will provide logistics support and project/program management analysis for all contract requirements. This position requires the use of problem solving techniques to address unique procurement and program requests that impact critical support requirements.
The Logistics Manager is responsible for defining plans, processes, methods, and tools for ensuring the efficient movement of materials across the organization’s offices. The Manager is responsible for all activities associated with researching and recommending cost- and time-effective processes, and coordinating with government counterparts to gain their approval for those processes. The Manager will track and audit maintenance agreements and SLAs as appropriate, and ensure there is clarity, compliance, detail, and completeness in requests across the enterprise. Other duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Actively manage the logistics process from requirements gathering through delivery and completion.
- Manage team communication to ensure proper relaying of component requirements and report to PMO and senior customer leaders on the status of critical actions impacting operational support.
- Bachelors degree and 8 years of relevant experience. Work experience can be used/combined with education
- Generally has 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Experience with Just in Time
- Ten years of experience in government or commercial procurement/supply chain managing inventory control and distribution execution.
- Experience with a multi-million dollar annual procurement budget.
- Experience with standard Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel)
- Ability to effectively communicate processes and procedures to customer base
- Possess outstanding customer service skills in order to meet high demand requirements
- Ability to travel between local sites on occasion to coordinate activities
- Ability to understand technical concepts and apply that understanding to daily procurement and program support requirements
- Self-starter that can establish priorities, resolve immediate issues, and coordinate with program manager on complex problems
- Strong interpersonal skills to maintain effective working relationships with team members and customer
- Strong oral and written communication skills to compose and deliver responses to customers’ questions in a clear and concise manner
- ASCM and/or ISM Supply Chain certification (s)
- Experience in a similar role executing on time deliveries of hardware and software; interacting with key suppliers; dealing with the financial impacts of supplier decisions on programs; and managing, tracking, and auditing existing hardware and software inventories.
- Experience supporting procurement system compliance, materials management, prime contract flow downs, supplier quality, and supplier teaming to achieve successful results.
- Experience working with price analysis methodologies.
- Experience working with Commercial Supplier Agreements (CSAs) and End User License Agreements (EULAs).
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.