The Tech Writer/Document Specialist is responsible for writing, editing, proofreading and/or providing writing support on non-technical and/or technical documents or sections of documents such as manuals, procedures customer presentations, and specifications. Types of writing and editing could include, technical, creative, digital, marketing, and product development. Duties may include designing and developing technical manuals, brochures, training materials, or other documentation for internal use, customer reference, marketing, or other purposes.
- Perform a large variety of editorial functions, which include: formatting and stylesheet verification, editing, rewriting, revising, writing, and proofreading
- Will be responsible for editing reports, responses, and briefings directed to a wide range of stakeholders both internal and external
- Translate technical material into easy to consume user guides, manuals, and publications
- Perform QA reviews of products to ensure the information is useful and clear
- Develop comprehensive documentation that meets internal standards
- Translate intricate products and services information into engaging content to set our users up for success
- Coordinate with program personnel to learn the specifics of the systems’ services and capabilities
- Independently research, and gain and maintain knowledge of ICAM solutions and standards
- Maintain detailed databases of materials for reference
- Evaluate content for inventive approaches for improvement through whitepapers
- Take ownership for projects and insure delivery within specified quality standards
- Evaluate and suggest improvements to process and business practices
- Effectively communicate with authors, Sponsors and leadership to resolve issues and mitigate risks
- Requires a BA degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience editing and writing technical articles, publications, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- An eye for detail
- Prior experience working with highly technical teams
- Prior experience in the Sponsor’s environment and familiarity with Sponsor formats and styles
- Familiarity with IdAM / ICAM solutions providing Authentication, Authorization, Authoritative Attribute, Entitlement Management and Digital Policy Management functionality
- Experience in creating user guides that walk intended audience step by step through process(es) for using services and capabilities
- Must have familiarity with security accreditation process and associated documentation requirements
- Must have an active TS security clearnce
- Familiarity with the Sponsor’s existing ICAM programs
- Understanding Zero Trust architectures and the associated roles of ICAM solutions
- Understanding of the Software Development Process in an Agile environment
- Previous Software Development or Scrum Master experience
- Proven experience successfully documenting the Sponsor’s security accreditation process
Requires an active Top Secret security clearance upon hire and must meet SCI eligibility. Must be willing and able to obtain a polygraph within the customer’s timeline after hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
This is a funded position but contingent until the clearance crosses over.
Pay Range:Pay Range $72,150.00 - $111,000.00 - $149,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.