Looking for an exciting opportunity to make an impact as a Sr. Cloud Engineer?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) has an exciting Sr. Cloud Engineer position located in Blacksburg, VA with opportunities to work remotely. The Sr. Cloud Engineer will work with an elite team of IT professionals to maintain an optimal cloud architecture and environment for critical customer systems. The Sr. Cloud Engineer is responsible for overseeing the design, build, operations, and maintenance of the AWS cloud-based systems and ensuring maximum availability, performance, and security for our DoD customer.
The Sr. Cloud Engineer is responsible for architecting advanced integrated cloud business enabling solutions and providing technical direction to our DOD customer in support of their numerous ERP systems. Duties will include the provisioning and upkeep of cloud resources, troubleshooting issues within the cloud environment, and making recommendations for system improvements.
• Create designs, implementation plans, operational documentation, and continual improvement of cloud services
• Define and integrate all cloud solutions and strategies into the Risk Management Framework and overall business practices Conducting cloud migration assessment, planning, and migration activities for varied application sets
• Provide guidance and future roadmaps with respect to integration with third party tools and new AWS service and emerging cloud frameworks.
• Design, develop, deploy, and test within the AWS architecture framework
• Create automation capabilities aimed at improving service delivery and gaining operational efficiencies
• Work closely with Operations teams, other team members, contractors, and application owners to solve complex technical problems related to cloud hosted systems
• Work with Security team to ensure deployed resources conform to DoD security specifications
• Monitor health, performance, and operational trends to proactively identify issues before they become incidents.
• Support tickets and manage incidents, service requests, and problems through their full life cycle.
• Supervise, mentor and provide guidance to intermediate and Jr. team members to ensure continued professional development
• Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience in related IT experience with 2+ years of Cloud services, AWS or Azure, additional years of experience will be acceptable in lieu of a degree.
• DoD 8570 IAT Level II baseline certification (CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, CND, SSCP)
• Experience with Infrastructure as Code technologies such as AWS CloudFormation, Terraform and Ansible
• Strong experience with programming and infrastructure automation (BASH)
• Cloud Architecting experience with knowledge of Linux and Windows systems
• Experience in deploying enterprise services such as Domain Name System (DNS), Directory Services, and Host Base Security System (HBSS)
• Capable of working within a team and independently
• Strong problem solving and decision-making ability
• Detail oriented with experience interacting with customers
• Proficient in creating technical documentation and diagrams
• US Citizen
• DoD Secret clearance is required prior to start (Interim Secret clearance is acceptable)
• Demonstrated experience in transitioning large, complex applications from data centers to the AWS cloud for Development, Test, and Production environments
• AWS Associate or Professional certification desired
• Familiarity or hands-on experiences with CloudFormation and Lambda Proficiency and experience with AWS developer tools and workflows (AWSCLI, CloudFormation, etc.)
• Experience with programming and infrastructure automation (JSON, YAML, Python, Terraform)
• Other industry certifications a plus
• Experience implementing Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) for various systems
Who Are We?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) prides itself on looking ahead of our competitors for the next wave of IT trends. We provide our employees with training and development opportunities, preparing them for upcoming technical challenges.
With primary office locations in Blacksburg and Reston, VA, our teams support customers from across the United States. Our innovative IT as-a Service delivery model is supported by industry certifications that ensure quality and efficient IT solutions.
We are transforming the delivery of IT services through the use of enterprise managed services that leverage the cloud to securely monitor, manage, and optimize complex IT environments.
The history of automation is what inspired the name of our company. 1901 was the year that another disruptive technology changed the world: the assembly line. Leveraging skills and materials in an efficient manner within a repeatable process that quadrupled output applies to IT services today.
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.