The Leidos Intelligence Group has an opening for an Engineer (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Structural) in Reston, Virginia. The successful candidate will work as a member of a government contractor team developing assessments and models derived through reverse engineering of above ground and underground structures with an emphasis on urban scene building. Work will be performed in a fast-paced, high-energy environment inside a government facility.
- Analyze multi-source intelligence reporting, Finished Intelligence Products, Imagery, and open-source information and use engineering expertise and best practices to provide assessments characterizing key attributes of selected facilities.
- Collaborate within a matrixed team to include intelligence & imagery analysts, geologists, other engineers and Subject Matter Experts(SME) to translate characterization analysis to construct Underground Targeting & Analysis System (UTAS)/ Integrated Munitions Effects Assessment (IMEA) 3-D models and reports for use throughout the Department of Defense.
- Provide SME to evaluate intelligence reports and sources as well as support development of collection plans.
- Provide briefings and lead discussions for audiences at multiple levels on facility and topic specific analysis and assessments.
- Provide engineering guidance and judgment throughout the characterization process adhering to engineering and intelligence tradecraft principals.
- Ability to critically evaluate source information, comparing against industry standards, physical feasibility, and intelligence probability, as well as previous trend information and analytical lines in order to determine reasonable outcomes with accompanying quantified uncertainties.
- Ability to make decisions based on incomplete or contradictory information and provide clear and concise explanation of factors contributing to the decision as well identifying information gaps of consequence.
- Ability to identify critical nodes and vulnerabilities within a facility’s power, HVAC, comms, life support and security infrastructure.
- Background in one or more of the following: HVAC, power, electrical or communications engineering, SCADA, mining, structural engineering, protective engineering.
- Familiar with Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) and drafting software (AutoCAD, Revit MEP or SketchUp).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to successfully brief and interact with personnel at all levels of experience.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
- The candidate must have Bachelor’s Degree in any Engineering discipline with 12+ years of prior relevant experience or a Master’s Degree in any Engineering discipline with 10+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Candidates must possess an active TS/SCI clearance, or a Top Secret clearance with a current SSBI.
- Candidates must be willing to obtain and maintain a CI-polygraph.
- US Citizenship is required due to the nature of the government contracts we support.
Preferred Qualifications: (any of the following)
- Construction or Facility Management, hard target construction/facility support.
- Tunnel construction or mining (includes HVAC and power support)
- Military or defense-related experience and an understanding of operational planning. Knowledge of the Joint Targeting Cycle, Facility Target Development, Facility Vulnerability Analysis, weapons effects, Military Operational Planning or defense industry production process is a strong plus.
- Modeling and Simulation support. Augmented Reality / Virtual Reality experience creation a strong plus.
- Statistical Analysis/Data Science experience.
- Production (Manufacturing, Fabrication or Assembly) or warehouse design, workflow development or management.
- Sensitive material storage or safeguarding expertise.
- Software development skills preferred – python, java, etc.
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.