Leidos is seeking a Storage Administrator to support a large enterprise IT contract for the Department of Defense. This role requires technical expertise in storage engineering, system administration, and operations. This role is responsible for optimizing the configuration of the enterprise storage infrastructure to maximize availability, performance, and capacity. This role participates in the lifecycle process of purchasing, installing, maintaining, and replacing storage devices across on-premise and cloud IT environments. This role collects and evaluates metrics to optimize storage operations. This individual identifies risks, performs assessments, and analyzes risk mitigation strategies. Finally, this individual is responsible for developing and maintaining system documentation and procedures in accordance with customer requirements.
- Install, configure, and administer enterprise storage systems to include, Dell Storage Center (SC7020 and SC9000) SAN arrays, Dell Compellent (FS8600) NAS appliances, NetApp filers and Data Domain storage arrays
- Install, configure, and administer NetBackup server and client software. Schedule and monitor backup policies. Generate backup status reports as required
- Administer Brocade fibre channel switch fabrics. Configure single initiator zone sets and monitor switch utilization and performance
- Create and secure SMB file shares
- Coordinate with server administrators to create, secure, and mount NFS exports
- Develop and implement Disaster Recovery and Continuity of Operations plans in accordance with customer requirements
- Install, configure, maintain, and administer Linux and Windows servers in support of storage operations such as; NetBackup, Media, DSM and Master servers
- Build capacity management dashboards that improve visibility into enterprise storage use, health, resilience, and provide ongoing resources for planning for enterprise infrastructure lifecycle replacement
- Configure NetBackup policies. Troubleshoot and resolve backup job failures
- Manage Distributed File System (DFS) namespaces
- Coordinate with vCenter administrators to provision Storage Area Network (SAN) resources to VMWare ESX cluster datastores as required
- Configure and manage volume snapshots. Assist customers with point-in-time file restores
- Schedule and monitor volume replication for disaster recovery
- Monitor health and availability of infrastructure applications and systems
- Work with vendors to troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software failures
- Coordinate with Change Management to deconflict and schedule hardware maintenance activities, system and firmware updates, and other configuration changes
- Execute system changes during scheduled maintenance windows
- Monitor and evaluate system performance and capacity trends
- Resolve tier 2 and tier 3 service requests
- Identify opportunities to automate operations.
- Develop automated solutions that take advantage of Dell and NetApp system APIs
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Mentor junior team members
- Extensive experience administering enterprise-level data storage systems (Dell Storage Center, Dell Compellent, NetApp, and Data Domain preferred) with a demonstrated understanding of the following services and technologies
- SAN administration including provisioning of LUNs, managing fibre channel zoning, and mapping storage to servers
- NAS administration including NFS and SMB file sharing
- Integration with VMWare ESX Server
- Data migration strategies
- Volume replication
- Managing file and share permissions in an Active Directory environment
- Storage monitoring and performance tuning
- Extensive experience managing and administering Veritas NetBackup
- Experience with scripting technologies such as PowerShell
- Working knowledge of Unix or Linux based operating systems
- Working knowledge of Distributed File System (DFS)
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to mentor junior team members
- Ability to complete complex projects with minimal direction
- Experience working independently to support a 24/7/365 customer environment
- Experience contributing to deliverables and meeting performance metrics
- Experience coordinating with senior management and customers
- Candidate must, at a minimum, meet DoD 8570.11- IAT Level II certification requirements (currently Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, GSEC, or SSCP)
- Bachelor's degree with 6 years of relevant experience, Masters degree with 4 years
- Education equivalency of Associate’s with 8 years of related experience or High School Diploma with 10 years of related experience can be used in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
- Security Clearance
- Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US Citizenship is required.
- TS/SCI with Poly required for Position or TS/SCI and willingness to get a poly.
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.