The National Solutions Operation is seeking an experienced Natural Language Processing (NLP) / Human Language Technology (HLT) Specialist to support the HLT initiatives of a Department of Defense customer in the National Capital Region. NLP Specialists will support a program performing Document and Media Exploitation (DOMEX) operations and are expected to leverage language, analytical, and programming skills.
Must currently possess TS/SCI. Candidate will be required to pass a polygraph and subject interview prior to starting on the project.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Proficient in one or more programming languages such as Python, R, Java, and Scala and the knowledge to apply those apply skills to automate processes involving multilingual data
- Experience working on large data sets and machine learning models
- Intellectual curiosity: strong personal initiative to pursue learning opportunities and expand knowledge and skill sets
- Knowledge of core and emerging NLP
- Ability to adapt to new technologies and grasp concepts quickly
- Proactive problem-solving skills, ability to work in teams and independently
- BA degree and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to convey technical concepts to non-technical audiences in multiple formats
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Formal education in linguistics, computational linguistics, and/or computer programming
- Experience working with ML/AI products and techniques pertaining to NLP, such as topic modelling, document classification, Named Entity Recognition, Machine Translation, etc.
- Familiarity with machine learning libraries (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch, or Scikit-learn) and NLP libraries (e.g. spaCy, HuggingFace).
- Knowledge and understanding of pre-trained language models like BERT and GPT
- Experience with extract, transform, and load processes including manipulating and cleaning diverse data types (i.e., parsing XML documents and/or working with JSON)
- Knowledge of translation management processes, translation data formats (e.g., TMX, TBX) and conversion processes
- Familiarity with Computer Assisted Translation (CAT) tools, workflows, and data formats
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.