Leidos is seeking an experienced Biostatistician for our National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) program for CDC. This position will develop computer programs (primarily using SAS) to monitor data quality; communicate with project areas regarding study activities and protocols; analyze data for reports, presentations and publications; assist in the review of study data for data quality and validation; support NHSN users on higher-level questions related to facility set-up, data collection, and running system reports; organize study files, including data and correspondence files; perform scientific, medical and research literature searches in fields including but not limited to Behavioral and Social Sciences, Epidemiology, and Laboratory and prepare slides for scientific presentations; provide analytic support to multi-disciplinary teams in order to accomplish public health research and program goals.
- Leads, guides, manages, and monitors the implementation of the HAI NHSN analytic program
- Responsible for ensuring data is accurate and readily available for analysis, which is utilized to inform best prevention practices and guidelines for high quality patient care
- Leads and verifies all HAI (healthcare associated infections)-related final compliance data files sent from CDC to CMS for healthcare quality improvement programs
- Leads NHSN data cleaning and data validation projects to improve the quality of NHSN product
- Leads, maintains and updates technical content of protocols, instructions, and other documents for NHSN dialysis surveillance resulting from technological advancements, HAI/disease trends, and yearly updates of system components
- Leads the design of qualitative and quantitative tools and materials in support of a data collection plan
- Leads, develops, and implements data collection or management methods used to ensure quality
- Leads the interpretation and presentation of data for scientific presentations, publications, and/or guidance documents
- Oversees the development of NHSN modules and mechanisms for electronic reporting to NHSN
- Provides advanced technical (analysis) assistance to population of healthcare associated infection professionals
- Explains complex concepts, ideas, and/or policies effectively to individuals and/or groups
- Engages with the target audience and tailors evidence-based recommendations and/or health policy information to their needs with minimal supervision
- Establishes program standards, policies, strategies, goals and evaluation plans in conjunction with senior staff
- Participates in management conference calls and meetings with the leadership team regarding staff and business development opportunities
- Conducts user outreach and education and provides consultation and technical assistance to provider groups, quality improvement organizations, and health departments in order to support their healthcare-associated infection (HAI) prevention, surveillance, and response activities, and to meet NHSN data quality needs.
- Provides input on NHSN helpdesk inquiries that require complex analysis and/or advanced knowledge of NHSN reporting criteria, enrollment procedures, and surveillance protocols
- Prepares and presents educational trainings about NHSN to professional organizations and governmental bodies at national, state and local levels.
- Participates in epidemiological investigation, research and other technical assistance.
- Participates in special DHQP studies or projects.
Bachelor’s Degree in Epidemiology, Statistics, Biostatistics, or Math and 7 years of experience or MS, MPH, MSPH and 5 years of experience.
SAS Proficient, Intermediate to Advanced
Positions are contingent upon contract award and require the ability to obtain a NACI clearance.
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.