Leidos Government Health & Safety Solutions Operations is seeking multiple talented Sr System Administrator to support a high performance scientific computing solution for our Public Health Division in Atlanta, GA.
The Sr. System Administrator will support the CDC scientific high performance computing infrastructure managing hardware, operating systems, system software, VMs, and networking. The candidates provide secure and always-on infrastructure services, accessed by researchers to customer-sponsored data hosted in an on-premise infrastructure and the cloud, and secure access to the CDC high performance computing resources for scientific researches.
The ideal candidate should have experience with multiple OS experience on different variations of Linux (e.g., Red Hat, CentOS, and Ubuntu LTS).
Depending on assignment, core responsibilities will cover a combination of the following areas: VMware VShpere for virtual server provisioning, deployment, and configuration and for HW and SW implementation and maintenance.
- System monitoring, routine and ad hoc security patch management, and backup and DR.
- Trouble shooting, performance tuning, installation, and support of scientific applications for HPC clusters.
- Managing multi-petabtyes of data using Avere FXT Edge Filer, EMC Isilon network attached storage, Cloudian object storage, and Pure Storage flash memory storage, or similar products.
- HPC networking, and HPE block.
- Planning, developing, and implementing cloud strategy (AWS or Azure) and providing coaching and training to researchers and other users.
- Configuration, monitoring, tuning, user access control of Hadoop environment
The System Administration team responsible for the development, implementation, maintenance, and ever greening of processes, procedures, and technical controls and enhancements required to maintain an Authority to Operate (ATO) for a General Support System (GSS) with a Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) 199 Security Categorization of High. The System Administrators develop the infrastructure deliverables, continuous diagnostics and mitigation, threat mitigation and incident response, security architecture support, critical infrastructure protection, patch management, vulnerability management, risk management, information assurance, and Security Assessment and Authorization (SA&A) documentation.
Additional duties include:
- Develop, deploy and manage the introduction of new capabilities, and the enhancement or troubleshooting of existing capabilities, providing technical council as needed
- Leverage experience and industry best practices to design and implement solutions
- Develop, lead and participate in the build and implementation per detailed designs, executive briefings, data flow diagrams, and other supporting design and development documentation.
- Communicate and work collaboratively with internal and client team members across the program, and as needed, present task status, provide technical council, and/or alternative designs, solutions, and or processes to leadership.
- Identify business requirements that affect the EA and provide technical infrastructure solutions that integrate into the overall architectural vision and strategy.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, computer science, engineering, or other relevant field.
- A minimum of 8+ years (System Administrator) of industry experience in the areas of infrastructure engineering
- Display commensurate knowledge consistent with a RedHat Certified System Administrator and RedHat Certified Systems Engineer
- Proficiency with RedHat/CentOS 7/8 administration
- Established knowledge and experience with networking including LDAP based authentication systems and other core infrastructure essentials.
- Experience with problem/incident management.
- Intermediate Scripting Experience in a modern scripting friendly language (bash, python, perl, ruby)
- Intermediate Familiarity with a modern container technology (Docker, Podman, libvirt, OpenShift, etc)
- Layer 2 Switch Networking with VLANS management
- Experience supporting a high-performance computing infrastructure
- Intermediate Configuration management via any modern standard system (Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- Intermediate Virtualization/Hypervisor experience (VMware or equivalent)
- Familiarity with monitoring environments such as Nagios, Zabbix, Sensu, Prometheus
- High level of proficiency in troubleshooting Linux performance issues
- Familiarity with security vulnerability triage and remediation
- Periodically travel to Metro Atlanta Datacenter as needed
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Position requires US Citizenship or US Permanent Residency Status and the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Experience working at the CDC or other federal government agencies
- Large scale infrastructure design and implementation project experience
- Implementation experience with AWS/Azure (e.g.: SECDEVOPS engineer experience, service management , container to cluster migration)
- Experience managing different variations of Linux OS
- Understanding of network design and management - LAN, WAN, and VPN.
- Experience managing federal SA&A processes - developing security plans, facilitating POA&M items resolution, implementing HSPD-12 authentication, building secure IT infrastructure.
- Experience with Kurbernetes
- Experience with Rancher Kubernetes Management Engine (RKE)
- Experience managing Pure FlashBlade Storage Appliance
- Experience supporting Cloudera CDP
- Ubuntu 18.04/20.04 experience
- Python 3 scripting fluency
- Intermediate familiarity with Docker containerization ecosystem
- Experience managing multi-protocol accessible file shares (e.g. CIFS, NFS, HTTPS )
- Verifiable contribution to an Open Source Project (e.g.: github, etc.)
- Familiarity with configuration of Dell and HP physical servers
- Familiarity with HP Blade servers
- RHCE certification
- Cloud certification (AWS or Azure)
- VMWare Certification
- Experience working in CDC or other Federal agencies
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.