We want to meet you! Leidos is seeking a Software Developer based in Aberdeen MD with operations located at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. At Leidos, we’re looking for innovators, ideators, and game-changers to join the APG team.
In this role, you will support our customer in creating capabilities and providing technical services, subject matter expertise, and software solutions and services for platforms essential in maintaining readiness for today’s modern platform sensor systems potentially including but not limited to:
- Long-Range Advanced Scout Surveillance System (LRAS3)
- Biometric Automated Toolset Army (BAT-A)
- Second Generation Forward Looking Infrared (SGF)
- Guardrail Common Sensor (GRCS)
- Enhanced Medium Altitude Reconnaissance and Surveillance System (EMARSS)
- Small Tactical Radar Lightweight (STARLite)
- Designs, develops, and maintains software for a variety of engineering applications.
- Works with analysts to understand their analytic or interface requirements.
- Develops tools and interfaces.
- Designs, develops, and tests operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software applications.
- Sets operational specifications and formulates and analyzes software requirements.
- Designs embedded systems software.
- Key tasks include sprint development and execution support; SW development (code/unit test); unit integration and test.
- Other duties, as needed.
- 5 years’ relevant experience with a Bachelor’s Degree, or an additional 4 years’ experience if no degree is held.
- Current Secret with ability to obtain a TS/SCI.
- Familiarity with CECOM Software Engineering Center Post Deployment Software Support (PDSS) & Post Production Software Support (PPSS) processes.
- Experience with multiple OS (Linux/CentOS/Windows)
- Experience with Active Directory integrated DNS and integrated LDAP.
- Installation and maintenance experience with a variety of 3rd party software.
- Experience with migrating physical servers to virtual.
- Experience with scripting, eg. PERL, shell scripting and Python and other dynamic scripting languages is a plus.
- A bachelor’s degree is desirable
- Active TS
- Understanding and experience in the complete life-cycle of software in military systems
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.