The Linux System Administrator for Cross Domain Services (CDS) contributes to the sustainment and evolution of multiple cross domain solutions that are based on Linux and Windows platforms. These CDS solutions must meet a 99%+ service level availability (24x7x365) requirement, so a qualified candidate must also have experience with high availability solutions. This position also requires the application of expertise on multiple complex work scripting, development, and work-around assignments that may be broad in nature and require originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks. Qualified candidates will have appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems and contribute to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
- Active monitoring and sustaining the operations of a large number of geographically distributed Linux-based CDS solutions to meet service level agreements. This is to include patching, debugging, and the creation of workaround solutions.
- Incident response management for the CDS solutions.
- Interface with federal personnel to communicate SLA metrics and remediation of incidents.
- Scripting and possible software development to automate Operations and Maintenance.
- Potential development of sensors to accelerate the detection of failed systems.
- Assist in documenting security compliance actions within the approved automated compliance tracking system or assist in developing a Plan of Actions and Milestones (POA&M) to address non-compliance in the allotted timeframe.
- Participate in the development and evaluation of new CDS solutions and technology as part of a larger team.
- Development of documentation for operations, sustainment, and user guides.
- Development of Linux scripts to handle FTP transfers.
- Requires a BS degree or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience. In lieu of a degree 12+ years of experience may be substituted.
- Ability to obtain a DHS Suitability or EOD.
- Ability to learn and develop expertise with new technologies.
- Must be able to work well within a team environment and able to adapt quickly to change.
- Good writing and verbal presentation skills.
- Existing TS/SCI clearance with DHS or another federal entity.
- Python scripting / programming experience a plus.
- Windows and PowerShell experience a plus.
- Working towards a STEM related Bachelor's degree with 90 or more credits or recent college graduate within a STEM discipline.
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.