Are you smart, versatile, and resourceful? Do you enjoy the rush of working on concept design, analysis, detailed design, prototype development, lab testing, and field testing? If so, we are looking for you, our next Electrical Engineer to work in San Diego, CA, as part of a small multi-discipline team to develop quick-turn, thoroughly analyzed, mission critical solutions that will improve end user capabilities.
Be an integral part of an energetic, highly engaged small team where there are many overlapping roles and opportunities for cross-over skillsets to develop and contribute across a range of technologies. We know you’ll take great satisfaction in applying theory and technical creativity to rapidly develop impactful solutions for national defense air, maritime, and/or terrestrial platforms.
- Work with all aspects of the Radio Frequency Low Observables (LO) design cycle; from concept design, requirements definition, multidiscipline trade studies and analysis, to detailed engineering design, up to prototype fabrication and testing
- Perform computational electromagnetic (CEM) analytics, to include CAD manipulation, finite element mesh development, engineering code development, data processing with statistics, and data rendering and presentation
- Provide direct engineering support for customers and end-users
- Bachelor's Degree in Science or Engineering with at least 5 years of relevant experience
- Must have a Secret Security Clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret Security Clearance
- Excellent computer skills, with experience using MATLAB, LINUX/UNIX, Windows
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Must be meticulous, organized, responsible, and self-motivated with a can-do attitude
- Some travel within the US is required
- Background in Electrical Engineering, Physics, and/or Mathematics. Advanced degree is a plus
- Programming experience, C/C++, Visual Basic. Aptitude and desire to perform programming for the purpose of data manipulation and processing
- Working aptitude for surfacing, manipulation, and meshing of CAD geometries for use in analytical codes
- Proficiency in Geometry, Trigonometry, and Linear Algebra
- Experience in circuit design
- Working knowledge of composite materials, Additive Manufacturing, adhesives, coatings, etc.
- Proficient with basic hand and shop tools for the purpose of test article preparation and/or prototype development
- Familiarity with computational electromagnetic (CEM) methodology
- Experience with MS Office
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.