Looking for an exciting opportunity to make an impact as a SQL Database Administrator ?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) has an exciting SQL Database Administrator position which can be worked in one of our Blacksburg, VA/Abingdon, VA offices or remote.
Our SQL Database Administrator (DBA) with developer experience will provide program support advising and implementing our DoD customer’s solutions from design and development through deployment and implementation.
- Work across IT functional boundaries (other system administrators, SAN administrators, Network administrators, Database administrators, etc.) with configuration, installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, upgrade and system management for optimum performance and reliability.
- Identify risks and report any server performance issue that will impact mission operations
- Create, document, and implement repeatable processes to install, test, upgrade, maintain and secure servers and related software.
- Ensure all server configuration changes have been approved by the government CMR process and documented prior to implementation.
- Install, build, rebuild, configure, maintain, secure, document and administer databases, system related products, hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and operational requirements.
- Provide database administration support in terms of installing, configuring, maintaining security, install patches and perform necessary upgrades to keep servers/databases updated and secure
- Be a key member of a high performing Agile scrum team. Attend Agile meetings (sprint planning, daily standups, sprint retrospectives, sprint reviews, etc.)
- Work with teams across 1901 group and customers to understand database and application development requirements for upcoming projects
- Assist in researching, documenting, and recommending new system related technologies and as well as migration and upgrade paths that could enhance, improve, automate and provide more efficiency and or up-to-date technologies to the operational environment.
- Responsible for maintaining daily operations, monitoring, problem identification/ resolution of database server/systems, applications, operating systems and analyzing activity and performance ensuring system/application is providing optimum performance and availability.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve system and application related incidents detected during monitoring
- Performance is measured by individual contribution and quality of work as well as team interaction and collaboration.
- DoD Secret clearance or higher is required to start
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field and 4+ years of experience in Database management/Administration
- Available to work non-standard business hours including weekends or holidays as needed.
- Good knowledge of tools to configure, monitor and administer databases
- Proficient in creating technical documentation & diagrams using Visio or similar
- Familiar with tools and technologies used in implementing and automating repeatable IT functions
- Capable of working within a team and independently
- Someone with strong problem solving and decision-making ability and able to provide a clear path to resolution for complex issues
- Proficient in use of JIRA
- Detail oriented with experience interacting with customers
- A polished professional with outstanding verbal and written communication
- US Citizenship required
- Active or ability to reactivate a DoD Top Secret (TS) clearance
- Work experience as a Agile Scrum Master
- Master’s degree with 5-12 years professional work experience as a database administrator or software solutions developer Design and development of web services experience
- Good knowledge of scripting languages such as Python, Bash, etc
- Experience working in and contributing to a Continuous Improvement work environment
- Prior experience working in high energy and fast paced work environment
- Someone who thrives in a team atmosphere and can keep their cool when work volume surges
- Willing and able to travel to customer site on an as needed basis (not to exceed 10%)
Who Are We?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) prides itself on looking ahead of our competitors for the next wave of IT trends. We provide our employees with training and development opportunities, preparing them for upcoming technical challenges.
With primary office locations in Blacksburg and Reston, VA, our teams support customers from across the United States. Our innovative IT as-a Service delivery model is supported by industry certifications that ensure quality and efficient IT solutions.
We are transforming the delivery of IT services through the use of enterprise managed services that leverage the cloud to securely monitor, manage, and optimize complex IT environments.
The history of automation is what inspired the name of our company. 1901 was the year that another disruptive technology changed the world: the assembly line. Leveraging skills and materials in an efficient manner within a repeatable process that quadrupled output applies to IT services today.
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.