Looking for an exciting opportunity to make an impact as a Java Developer ?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) has an exciting Java Developer position which can be worked in one of our Blacksburg, VA/Abingdon, VA offices or remote.
- Designs, develops, troubleshoots, debugs, and implements software code enhancements and modifications for mobile/web-based application
- Create and update application designs for application enhancements
- Deploys large web-based transaction systems using application servers.
- Creates authentication customer development and EIMS connector development.
- Develops enhancements and provides input for modernization of applications.
- Conduct component testing of code changes to ensure code addresses the modification
- Responsible for interface implementation.
- Works with graphic designers and other members of a project team to develop the site concept, interface design, and architecture of the website.
- Integrates web applications with backend databases.
- Identifies and reports progress via appropriate metrics through JIRA
- Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the integration of new products per production and client requirements.
- Works with the Help Desk, Application Support, and Database Administration to provide customers with production support expertise as needed.
- Be a key member of a high performing Agile scrum team. Attend Agile meetings (sprint planning, daily standups, sprint retrospectives, sprint reviews, etc.)
- DoD Secret clearance required prior to start
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field and 2+ years in a Software Development role
- 1+ years of JAVA development
- Strong understanding of HTML5, CSS, and a backend language (PHP, Python, .Net, Node)
- Proficient in creating technical documentation & diagrams using Visio or similar
- Understanding of functional requirements analysis, developing test plans, and leading technical design sessions.
- Knowledge and experience in identity, credential, and access management practices.
- Possess .net programming experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledgeable of databases and writing queries
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Familiar with tools and technologies used in implementing and automating repeatable IT functions
- Proficient in use of JIRA
- Strong navigation and site-design skills
- Capable of working within a team and independently
- Someone with strong problem solving and decision-making ability
- Detail oriented with experience interacting with customers
- US Citizenship required
- Work experience as an Agile Scrum Master
- Scrum Master certification
- Experience working in and contributing to a Continuous Improvement work environment
- Familiar with cloud technology environments
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented programming
- Familiar with cross browser development
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer
Who Are We?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) prides itself on looking ahead of our competitors for the next wave of IT trends. We provide our employees with training and development opportunities, preparing them for upcoming technical challenges.
With primary office locations in Blacksburg and Reston, VA, our teams support customers from across the United States. Our innovative IT as-a Service delivery model is supported by industry certifications that ensure quality and efficient IT solutions.
We are transforming the delivery of IT services through the use of enterprise managed services that leverage the cloud to securely monitor, manage, and optimize complex IT environments.
The history of automation is what inspired the name of our company. 1901 was the year that another disruptive technology changed the world: the assembly line. Leveraging skills and materials in an efficient manner within a repeatable process that quadrupled output applies to IT services today.
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.