All of your work will be performed on customer site at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD and an Interim Secret Clearance is required to begin work on the program.
So, what are some of your responsibilities in this role?
- Install, configure, test, analyze, and provide problem resolution for all hardware and software elements of the data communication network. Make corrections necessary to communications systems hardware and software to ensure the availability of the data network.
- Evaluate and report on new analog and digital communications technologies to enhance the capabilities of the data network.
- Propose solutions to management to provide all data communications requirements are based upon future needs and current usage, configuring such solutions to optimize cost savings.
- Upgrade router and switch infrastructure with installation of new equipment. Provide periodic preventive maintenance for router/switch upgrades, including reconfiguration of network infrastructure to accommodate new or modified host DSRC system changes.
- Ensure DSRC Networks meet system requirements for limiting access to only authorized (registered) users of the DSRC. Provide assistance to User Support for network infrastructure reported user problems.
- Monitor log files, performance issues, and the production environment for mission critical systems
- Demonstrate ability to set priorities and organize work to meet deadlines
- Ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines
These are the required qualifications...
- Must hold an active in scope SECRET clearance or have the ability to obtain Interim SECRET eligibility prior to start. (US Citizenship required)
- Must hold a HS diploma with a minimum of 6 years related experience or AS +4, or BA +2, or MS.
- Must hold current DOD 8570 IAT II certification (CCNA-Security, CND, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, or SSCP) prior to start.
- Communicates effectively both orally and in a written form with users and office staff
These are the preferred qualifications
- CCNA or equivalent
- VI Editor experience
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.