The EW Division of Leidos at Leidos currently has an opening for a Digital Design Engineer to work in our St. Petersburg, FL office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your knowledge and experience designing communication and electronic systems among various projects. This job will focus on the digital design aspects of Embedded Systems Design and will provide exposure to the entire lifecycle of the design process. The Leidos facility in St. Petersburg provides design, development, modeling and simulation, analysis, prototyping and testing of advanced electronic systems, with a focus on embedded communication systems, Software Defined Radios and Phased Array Antenna Systems to various DOD and commercial customers.
- Participate within a multi-disciplined engineering design team, developing and testing sophisticated electronic communications hardware and firmware.
- Review and analyze system requirements, participate in defining, deriving and allocating hardware requirements.
- Perform Logic Design; write VHDL code, perform synthesis, logic simulation, test bench generation, functional testing and hardware debugging of designs within FPGA/CPLD devices.
- Translate conceptual designs into design specifications and implement within detailed electrical designs.
- Provide technical support for all phases of a project including engineering specifications, design, system test, scheduling, cost estimates including various documentation & drawings.
- Involved with testing and integration of hardware and software/firmware within complex electronic systems.
- Troubleshoot, improve and optimize designs from prototypes to matured products.
- Requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
- Self-motivated individual with excellent oral and written communication skills who pays close attention to detail.
- Able to work and collaborate within a multidisciplinary engineering environment.
- Experience with the following:
- Digital logic design using VHDL with System-On-Chip devices (SOC’s), FPGA’s, CPLD/s, and/or Microcontrollers.
- Vendor Design tools and Design Environments (IDE’s) such as Xilinx Vivado, Vitas, Altera, Libero, Synplicity.
- VHDL simulation and Testbench generation – using vendor tools or third party (Xilinx simulator, Aldec Active HDL, Modelsim, etc.)
- C/C++ language software development for embedded, real-time systems.
- Using various test equipment – Oscilloscope, Voltmeter, Logic Analyzer, Spectrum Analyzer
- BS and/or MS Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering with 4 – 8 years of experience with embedded systems.
- Active Security Clearance with the ability to obtain Top Secret Clearance
- Experience supporting all phases of the product development lifecycle, including requirements analysis, system design, product development, integration, test, technical documentation and review of complex systems.
- Experience with the following:
- Digital Signal Processing (DSP) modeling using tools like MATLAB.
- Implementing signal processing concepts such as digital filters, digital modulation, up/down conversion within HDL designs.
- Design, testing, integration and troubleshooting electronic circuits within embedded systems including digital, analog and radio frequency (RF) subsystems.
- Schematic/PCB design tools such as Altium Designer, Cadence Allegro/OrCAD or Eagle PCB
- Specific FPGA/SOC/u-Processor manufacturers including Xilinx, Microsemi, ST-Micro etc
- High speed PCB design techniques (> 1GHz)
- Interfaces like I2C, SPI, RS232/422, USB, and Ethernet.
- High speed protocols like JESD204B, LVDS, PCIe, SERDES
- Performance characteristics of Analog Data Converters (ADCs/DACs)
- Familiar with satellite communication and services such as Iridium, Inmarsat, SES etc.
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.