Are you an experienced software architect looking to use your talents to make a difference?
At QTC, Software Architects work in an Agile Scrum environment that is innovative and self-governed. We create and apply new technologies in a team environment that is fun, creative and supportive. Best of all, the applications we create have a direct impact on the lives of our nation’s veterans!
Remote opportunities are available with a preference for candidates located near San Dimas, CA; San Antonio, TX; Nashville, TN; and Philadelphia, PA.
QTC is the nation’s largest provider of disability and occupational health examination services. We are PASSIONATE about our country’s veterans, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference.
To provide high-quality, timely, and customer-focused medical examination service solutions, we honor our core values of integrity, innovation, agility, collaboration, inclusion and commitment. We celebrate diverse thinking and welcome contributions from all.
We offer meaningful and engaging careers to support you and your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance, and we are proud to provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains the best talent:
- Competitive compensation and quarterly bonuses
- Tuition reimbursement
- A 50% company match of your pre- and post-tax contributions up to 6% of your salary, including immediate vesting of company contributions
- Generous paid time off (minimum of 14 days/year), as well as 9 paid holidays
- Access to flexible benefits, including health and wellness programs, long and short term disability, an employee assistance program, employee referral bonuses, credit union access and flexible spending accounts
- An inclusive and ethical work place
In this rewarding role, you will:
- Analyze, recommend and design end-to-end enterprise IT architecture
- Create and deliver technical proposals and presentations on enterprise IT architecture roadmap
- Document enterprise architecture and architectural decisions
- Coordinate projects with vendors to expand our business-critical systems
- Assists in the initial design and development of new applications including consideration for database, security, scalability and other usability functionality
- Assists in defining product requirements and creates high-level architectural specifications, ensuring feasibility, functionality, and integration with existing systems/platforms
- Translates business needs into long-term architecture solutions
- Writes, maintains, evaluates, and effectively communicates software engineering design documents and interface control documents (ICDs) to customers and engineers
- Designs, writes, and maintains code in .Net, C#, ASP.Net
- Analyzes and troubleshoots legacy code that may not be well documented
- Cooperates closely with other software engineers to establish and maintain project work practices and programming standards
- Dictates design choices to software engineers, including but not limited to: platforms, coding and technical levels
- May lead a large development team in design of highly complex software systems
- Acts as highest-level technical expert, addressing problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms
- Responsible for project completion from technical architecture perspective
- Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management
- Lead and mentor backend, front-end and full stack engineers, including code reviews and guidance during implementation
- Defines, designs, and builds dimensional databases
- Works in a data warehouse environment that includes data design, database architecture, metadata and repository creation
- Responsible for developing data warehousing blueprints, evaluating hardware and software platforms, and integrating systems
- Evaluates reusability of current data for additional analysis
- Conducts data cleaning to eliminate or minimize the system of old, unused, or duplicate data
- Reviews object and data models and the metadata repository to structure the data for better management and quicker access
- Works closely with Database Administrator and Network / System Engineers on the feasibility of the solution
Ideally, you will have:
- Demonstrated track record in architecting, implementing and maintaining complex enterprise line of business solutions and workflows
- Proven experience as a software architect working on large-scale projects
- Software Architect certification (i.e. TOGAF 9) is preferred
- Proven ability to visualize end-to-end system components across a wide range of technologies and translate into architectural design patterns for implementation
- Outstanding collaboration and communication skill are essential
- Must possess the ability and flexibility to work extra hours and weekends
- Working knowledge of the design and implementation of Application Architecture using SOA Principles and of .Net, ASP .Net, C#, XML, XSLT, HTML, Java Script, SQL Server Database, Oracle Database
- Experience with ETL tools, data synchronization and replications
- Experience with using, designing, and building service-oriented architectures
- Strong DevOps, CI/CD experience
- Containerization and orchestration experience (Docker, Kubernetes)
- RDBMS experience (i.e., SQL Server, Oracle, etc.)
- Knowledge of document-oriented DB systems (i.e., MongoDB, CouchDB, etc.)
- Experience with Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education required
- 9 to 14 years of professional experience as software engineer or developer
- Experience in Healthcare industry is a plus
- Must be able to successfully pass National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) background investigation
This job description supersedes all prior job descriptions and is intended to describe the general content and essential requirements for the position listed above. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of requirements, duties and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to add or change the duties of this position as required at any time.
QTC Management Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company has an ongoing commitment to affirmative action and the creation of a workplace free of discrimination, harassment and retaliation. The company recruits, hires, trains, and promotes individuals in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, people with disabilities protected under law, and protected veteran status.
This position has multiple levels; candidates will be “leveled in” based on years of experience at time of hire.
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.