Leidos is a FORTUNE 500 company bringing a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in the national security, engineering, and the health industries.
Leidos is seeking Senior Systems Engineers to support Post Production Software Support (PPSS) and Post Deployment Software Support (PDSS) engineering and technical services to the CECOM IEW&S Directorate Sensors and Mission Division (SMED) based in Aberdeen MD with operations located at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD.
Successful candidates will support our customer in creating capabilities and providing technical services, subject matter expertise, and software solutions and services for platforms such as the Long-Range Advanced Scout Surveillance System (LRAS3), Biometric Automated Toolset Army (BAT-A), Second Generation Forward Looking Infrared (2GF), Guardrail Common Sensor (GRCS), Enhanced Medium Altitude Reconnaissance and Surveillance System (EMARSS), Small Tactical Radar Lightweight (STARLite) and a full range of related Aerial Sensors Suite of Systems. This support is an essential in maintaining readiness for today’s modern platform sensor systems.
Interacts with system users to translate their requirements into systems, hardware, and software requirements and design. Oversees the development of test strategies. Manages small team efforts to solve system analysis problems in the functional area to which assigned. Additional duties may include: performing requirements and design reviews; analyzing specification updates and management; supporting engineering reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR, TRR); managing and responding to Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) and Change Requests (CRs); performing safety analysis and reporting; conducting safety analyses, planning, and reporting; performing software engineering assessments and technical evaluations; and determining completeness, accuracy, clarity, maintainability, supportability, reusability, and performance of software products to meet specification requirements.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, or other engineering or technical discipline and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Five years of functional experience performing analysis and decomposition of high level user requirements into functional system, software and hardware requirements.
- Understanding and experience in the complete life-cycle of the software in military systems.
- Willing to travel up to 10% CONUS to support operational requirements.
- Currently possess an active Secret clearance and Top Secret eligibility.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience working within matrixed teams.
- Advanced degree is desirable.
- Familiarity with CECOM Software Engineering Center (SEC) Post Deployment Software Support (PDSS) & Post Production Software Support (PPSS) processes a plus.
- Familiarity with Virtual Machines (VMWare, etc.)
- Visual Basic, Visual Studio, C#, C++, Python, plug-in architectures.
- MicroFocus Caliber, MicroFocus Unified Functional Testing (UFT) (formerly known as HP QuickTest Professional (QTP)), Jira, Confluence, Perforce Helix ALM.
- Top Secret clearance is preferred.
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.