Leidos is seeking a Digital Forensics Analyst in the Ft. Worth, TX FAA Regional Office.
The Digital Forensics Analyst will support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) using required tools and procedures to identify, preserve, acquire, and analyze, Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) electronically stored information (ESI).
Digital Forensics Analyst Position Details:
- Plan, conduct, and direct forensic and non-forensic data collections and processing on: Windows-, Linux-, and MAC-based desktop/laptop computer systems and servers, Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems (sUAS), mobile devices (iOS and Android), and other internal and external digital storage media devices
- Perform Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) gathering, to include social media sites
- Perform forensic examinations and complex analysis to include preservation, acquisition, processing, analysis, and reporting of collected ESI in accordance with forensics laboratory and ISO standards in support manned aircraft investigations
- Perform dismantling and reassembly of sUAS and follow on analysis to identify telemetry, flight path, and other evidentiary data
- Maintain chain of custody throughout the digital forensics lifecycle to include case planning, evidence intake, acquisition, examination, presentation and final disposition
- Conduct data recovery from damaged ESI devices to include the operation of laboratory equipment (scale, drying oven, etc.) to include operating a digital camera
- Comply with digital forensics standards, policies, and procedures (i.e. ASCLD, ISO, CIGIE, NIST, & SWGDE)
- Use industry forensic tools i.e., EnCase, FTK, NUIX, Axiom, Oxygen, and Cellebrite
- Provide consultation, training, assistance and mentorship throughout the digital forensics process
- Identify techniques, processes, and procedures to enhance the growth and maturity of the UAS Digital Investigations program
- Develop and present oral and written communications to include clear and comprehensive case notes and findings and presentations to legal staff, and trial testimony
- Develop and maintain documentation on processes, procedures pertaining to the UAS digital forensics program
Digital Forensics Analyst Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of relevant experience
- Knowledge and understanding of sUAS components
- Knowledge of the various makes/models of available sUAS: commercial, hobby, racing, and build kit versions
- Experience and knowledge handling digital evidence
- Extensive knowledge of Title 14 CFR Part 107 - Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems, preferably Part 107 Certification
- Must be able to lift and transport items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to obtain Secret clearance
- Must be able to work in Ft Worth, TX
Digital Forensics Analyst Preferred Qualifications:
- UAS digital forensics certification
- 14 CFR Part 107 Certificated Remote Pilot
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.