Leidos currently has an immediate opening for a Security Specialist, supporting multiple US Navy programs located in Bethesda, MD. Leidos’ High Fidelity Simulation Business Area is responsible for architecting and implementing large-scale System of Systems solutions in support of world class simulation, training, and analysis products for the US Navy. This position requires US citizenship.
Securing the nation's secrets is an exciting and growing field. If you have any BA or BS degree, are organized and detail oriented, and have a security clearance or experience in secure environments, a career in security is available to you.
This position is part of the security team at a US Government development and production facility in Bethesda, MD. This position interacts with US Government personnel for the handling of all facilities and program security related requirements. This position participates in security assessments and will directly interface with customer and government security representatives. Position duties include, but are not limited to:
• Maintaining physical and IT security in cleared area(s)
• Conducting security education and training including refresher training
• Preparing visit requests for program personnel
• Maintaining accountability of classified documents for program personnel, receiving and transmitting large volumes of classified media, and other document control tasks
• Maintaining facility and program Security Operation Plans (SOPs) and other documentation
• Preparing for classified meetings and escorting visitors as required
• Performing routine administrative tasks, such as filing, document scanning, and media scanning.
• Contributing to one time projects such as documentation marking, library reorganization, and material disposal.
B.S./B.A. degree. 2+ years of experience can substitute for a degree.
• US Citizenship and ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance.
• Must have past experience with, and demonstrate the skills and capabilities to successfully execute the duties and responsibilities of this position, including solid analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Must be reliable, dependable and trustworthy
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office products.
• Knowledge of the NISPOM, or other security procedures.
• Experience in a DCID and/or NISPOM environment.
• Familiar with the proper procedures for handling of classified information.
External Referral Eligible
Pay Range:Pay Range $33,150.00 - $51,000.00 - $68,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.