Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
We are seeking a Full Stack Developer to join our research team in providing actionable, data-driven results to inform the transition to a carbon neutral energy future through novel materials science research and infrastructure management.
The position will be a hybrid of on-site and remote research and development support for NETL at one of its three research sites: Albany, OR; Morgantown, WV; and Pittsburgh, PA. This work will involve participation alongside other data scientists, engineers, geologists, and computer scientists as part of a multi-disciplinary, scientific, and technically-oriented national laboratory team that produces technological solutions for America's energy challenges. From developing creative innovations for efficient and resilient energy systems to environmental stewardship of energy resources, NETL research is providing breakthroughs and discoveries that support the transition to a carbon-neutral energy future, stimulate a growing economy, and improve the health, safety, and security of all Americans. Highly skilled people at NETL's three research sites - Albany, Oregon; Morgantown, West Virginia, and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - conduct a broad range of research activities that support DOE's mission to advance the national, economic, and energy security of the United States.
Aspiring candidates should demonstrate:
- Experience developing front and back end of database driven website using MATRIC or similar.
- Experience authoring and deploying docker containers to interface with large database platforms (e.g., Energy Data eXchange®).
- Ability to work dynamically with a diverse team towards collective goals for science targeted applications.
Come join the Leidos Research Support Team supporting the National Energy Technology Laboratory (NETL), where you'll be able to work side by side conducting research with world-class scientists and engineers using state of the art equipment to contribute to new areas of basic and applied research; discover, integrate, and mature technology solutions to enhance the nation's energy foundation and protect the environment for future generations. You will contribute to the development of patents, written reports, journal articles, and contribute to presentations on findings, highlights, and innovative solutions in DOE-sanctioned meetings, scientific conferences, and national committees. Explore the Research Support Services (RSS) contract for the U.S. Department of Energy's (DOES) National Energy Technology Laboratory (NETL) here: https://netl.doe.gov/.
- Work with a dynamic scientific research team to develop and deploy risk assessment and decision-making tools to inform the carbon neutral energy transition.
- Developing backends of database driven websites (e.g., Energy Data eXchange ® ) using MATRIC or similar.
- Developing front end website interfaces of data driven tools and database catalogues using MATRIC or similar.
- Bachelor's degree in Data Science, Computer Science, or related field from an accredited university or college.
- Experience working in a diverse team environment towards a collective vision.
- Interest in science targeted development
- experience with spatial applications, and/or large dataset management
- Experience authoring and deploying docker containers to interface with large database platforms (e.g., Energy Data eXchange ®).
- Experience working in a team environment to develop novel desktop applications for data curation, presentation, and analysis.
- Experience with science targeted development.
- Experience developing in C/C++, Java, R, Fortran, SPARQL, or other languages.
- Experience with geospatial, geological, or materials science domain knowledge.
Pay Range:Pay Range $50,700.00 - $78,000.00 - $105,300.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.