Leidos is actively interviewing for an Electronics Technician or Cryptologic Technician to work with our team to support the Navy JTT Program in Charleston, SC
The candidate must be able to install, integrate, test and train the JTT system onboard ships and at shore site locations. They must have experience in reviewing and editing naval drawings, networking, hardware and have software knowledge. They should have service desk experience providing distance support as well as field experience testing and training system use.
The candidate must be able to provide Subject Matter Expertise (SME) and consultation with regards to the installation, integration, test and training of the Maritime Integrated Broadcast System (MIBS) onboard ships and at shore site locations worldwide. They must have experience in reviewing and editing naval drawings, networking solutions, hardware components and their installation, and have expert knowledge of MIBS related software. They should have a working knowledge of service desk operations to provide the correct advice when requested.
- Work as an Electronics and Cryptologic System specialist on a team responsible for development and integration of current and future JTT system builds.
- Work as a "documentation specialist" on a team responsible for development and integration of current and future DCGS-N system builds.
- Defining JTT procedures, baselines and versioning; developing and validating system administrative procedures, system integration guides and operational procedures to support the logistics, testing and life cycle activities required to sustain the system.
- This position requires periodically traveling to, and working and living onboard US Navy ships.
- Employee must be able to:
- Physically travel to the intended destination, board the ship either by walking onboard, flying by military helicopter or COD (carrier onboard delivery) aircraft which requires the ability to withstand the stress of a catapult launch or an arrested landing.
- Must be able to live and work in an environment that is in constant, unsteady motion.
- Must be able to climb up and down ship ladders throughout the workday. Ship ladders have a steep incline and minimal head clearance.
- Ships may be up to 13 decks with the berthing, galley and work locations all on separate levels. Employees must be able to climb up and down the ship ladders throughout the day.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs while climbing multiple flights of ladders.
- Complete all government customer required training, readiness and International Travel requirements
- Employee must be adequately covered by medical insurance/health care to cover off-site medical services and evacuation from abroad in the event of illnes or injury for applicable personnel either through Leidos or a provider of their choosing.
- Additionally, employee will be subject to random drug and alcohol screen tests to ensure compliance with company policies, contractual requirements and/or host country laws
- 8+ years’ experience in a relevant technical field preferably with at least 4 years Navy ET or IT experience supporting DoD systems.
- U.S. citizen with current DoD Secret eligible to obtain TS/SCI
- Ability to travel 25% including possible underway periods onboard U.S. Navy ships.
- Minimum of IAT II Certifications to meet DoD 8570.1M compliance: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Security+ and CompTIA Server+ and accreditation in Windows 7/10, Unix, Linux or Solaris operating systems.
- Experience working in secure environments and on secure navy systems.
- Experience with software patching.
- Experience in the design, preparation and modification of engineering documents and drawings.
- Experience in the installation, integration, testing and training of information systems.
- Experience with Integrated Shipboard Network System (ISNS), Consolidated Afloat Networks and Enterprise Services (CANES), Global Command and Control System (GCCS), Radiant Mercury, and Integrated Broadcast Service (IBS) systems integration.
- Experience supporting software integration and testing for the Department of Defense (DoD).
Certified to work on COMSEC equipment.
- Experience using AN/CYZ-10 and AN/PYQ-10 (SKL) crypto loading devices.
- Authorization/certification from the vendor (Raytheon) to troubleshoot the AN/USC-62.
- Experience with and familiarity of the AN/USQ-151, JTT-M system configuration and related software for Versions 6.1 and later.
- Experience performing AN/USQ-151, JTT-M system preventive maintenance activities.
- Familiarity and experience troubleshooting the AN/USQ-151 interface to Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD) Versions 3.6.1, 4.0.1, and 5.0.1 (for BMD platforms installs only).
- Familiarity and experience troubleshooting AN/USQ-151 interfaces with shipboard UHF SATCOM antenna systems, Ship Gridlock System (SGS), RAD MERC, DCGS-N, CANES, and GCCS-M.
- Knowledgeable of the Interactive Broadcast System (IBS) and its related infrastructure.
- Knowledgeable with Common Integrated Broadcast (CIB).
- Knowledgeable of JTT-M installation and SOVT on different platforms (afloat and ashore).
- Knowledgeable in troubleshooting AN/USQ-151 (JTT-M) systems and providing on-board training for ships and shore sites.
Knowledgeable with working in ship yards and RMMCO check-in/check-out processes.
Pay Range:Pay Range $57,850.00 - $89,000.00 - $120,150.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.