Leidos, a FORTUNE® 500 science and technology leader, supports the procurement actions for the Civil and Health Groups including customers such as the Department of Justice, NASA Federal Aviation Administration, and the Veterans Administration.
The Material Planner is responsible for supporting the material acquisition plans for programs in these lines of business. Individual will be interfacing with Vendors, Logistics, Receiving, and broader Procurement & Enterprise Partnerships team to ensure program milestones are met and to provide reporting as required. Some travel may be required.
- Works with Program team to ensure a streamlined procurement process of materials against program requirements
- Works with Civil and Health Programs in generating material requirements and providing the necessary support of acquisition plans from start to finish
- Maintains reports and monitors material movement throughout manufacturing and inventory sequences
- Coordinates forecasts, workload, expediting, and acquisition priority with commodity/category team leadership
- Provides advice to programs as to proper routes to take that will be to the greatest benefit of the program
- Analyzes material requirements for leveraging opportunities, supplier recommendations, acquisition planning
- Engages supply chain (vendor to manufacturing) to determine optimal acquisition strategy
- Develops and maintains status dashboards
- Manages production and delivery schedules
- Keeps a log of cost savings
- Supports the Material Project Manager and Supply Chain Engineer design and requirements for Data Centers and other Material IT procurements for the program
- US Citizen
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and 2 - 4 years prior relevant experience. Additional years’ experience may be used in lieu of a degree.
- Strong Microsoft Office knowledge and skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Great organization and communication skills
- Intermediate Excel experience (Pivot Tables, Charts, v-Lookups, Bar Charts)
- NASA access / credentials
- Security Clearance
- Buying experience
- Supply Chain Management experience
- MRP knowledge or experience
- Knowledge and experience in Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) requirements for price and source justification requirements at appropriate levels for purchasing card orders
Pay Range:Pay Range $46,150.00 - $71,000.00 - $95,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.