Leidos is seeking a talented Splunk Engineer to join our team to support a federal customer within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Enterprise Security Operations Center (ESOC). The Splunk Engineer provides support across a progressing agile team environment focused on supporting the ESOC Operations mission. The Splunk Engineer will support the full system engineering lifecycle, including requirements analysis, design, development, integration, scripting, programming, test, documentation, and implementation following defined best practices and operational workflows. The Splunk Engineer will be a member of the Enterprise Splunk team and will be required to interact with end users to gather requirements, perform troubleshooting, and provide assistance with the creation of Splunk search queries and dashboards. The Splunk Engineer may be required to interact with senior management as necessary.
- Conceptualize, Design, Build, and Maintain current and future NOSC supported tools and platforms.
- Manage multiple assignments, changing priorities, and work independently with little oversight.
- Provide direct support for onboarding data into Splunk via forwarder, scripted inputs, TCP/UDP and modular inputs from sources such as FireEye, BlueCoat proxies, Big IP, Cisco, Palo Alto, host syslogs, etc.
- Support all support, guidance and develop processes to evaluate and improve all operating systems, hardware support, software, firmware solutions and provide advisement concerning future purchase of the same.
- Create, manage, and support automation solutions for Splunk deployment and orchestration within a Cloud environment.
- Work closely with senior engineers, other team members and application owners to solve technical problems at the network, system and application levels.
- Conduct periodic architectural reviews of installed sensors to assess effectiveness and propose optimal installation alternatives as required.
- Conduct network security architecture reviews to determine the size, and placement of intrusion monitoring equipment during the customer onboarding process.
- Documentation and Reporting along with presentation, teamwork and DHS wide collaboration are among the expected duties and mission of the task order.
- Build, implement and administer Splunk in Windows and Linux environments.
- The candidate shall have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field and a minimum of 8 years of experience in system administration, database administration, network engineering, software engineering, or software development, with a concentration in Cybersecurity. At least one of the following certifications: CASP, GCIH, GCWN, GISF, GISP, GSSP, GICSP, GSSP, SEI, CISSP, CCSP, CSSLP, SSCP, CCNP, CCNP Security, CCIE Security, CEH, ECSP, MCSE, RHCA, RHCE, VCP, VCAP, VCIX, VCDX
- Current Splunk Enterprise Certified Architect certification
- At least six (6) years of experience with Splunk in distributed deployments
- Proficiency managing Splunk using the Splunk command-line interface
- Proficiency managing Splunk using configuration files
- Experience onboarding data into Splunk via forwarder, scripted inputs, TCP/UDP and modular inputs from a variety of sources.
- Proficiency onboarding data using Splunk developed add-ons for Windows, Linux, and common third-party devices and applications
- Experience collaborating with separate engineering teams to configure data sources for Splunk integration
- 6+ Years experience in Linux, Windows and SQL/ODBC interfaces
- Proficiency implementing and onboarding data in Splunk DB Connect
- 4+ Years experience in app interface development, using REST API’s
- Experience with Splunk performing systems administration, including performing installation, configuration, monitoring system performance and availability, upgrades, and troubleshooting
- General networking and security troubleshooting (firewalls, routing, NAT, etc.)
- Splunk architecture/design, implementation, and troubleshooting experience
- Experience in managing, maintaining, and administering multi-site indexer cluster
- Scripting and development skills (BASH, python, or java) with strong knowledge of regular expressions
- Proficiency developing log ingestion and aggregation strategies per Splunk best practices
- Proficiency normalizing data to Splunk Common Information Model (CIM)
- Experience implementing and optimizing Splunk data models
- Expertise developing security-focused content for Splunk, including creation of complex threat detection log and operational dashboards
- Perform integration activities to configure, connect, and pull data with 3rd party software APIs.
- Ability to autonomously prioritize and successfully deliver across a portfolio of projects
- Undertakes day-to-day operational and user support
- Department of Homeland Security ESOC employees are required to obtain an Entry on Duty (EOD) clearance to support this program.
- Experience working in AWS and Azure
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience with GitLab or GitHub or other version control system
- Experience with Ansible Tower and/or writing Ansible playbooks
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.