Leidos has an immediate need for a Senior Network Engineer for a new customer on a highly-visible and strategic Cybersecurity Task Order. The Senior Network Engineer will need to be a self-starter with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, flexibility, good judgment, and the ability to coordinate multiple, concurrent tasks in an effective manner. This individual will work with internal team members to ensure that systems are functional, secure, and scalable. The systems and networks developed will be used to collect and process data and improve the customer’s security infrastructure. The Senior Network Engineer will support the design and development of cybersecurity tools and technology along with integration of new architectural features into existing infrastructures while maintaining the integrity and security of enterprise-wide systems and networks. The Security Engineer may be required to interact with senior management as necessary.
- Provide input to the design of the organization’s network and mission architecture
- Perform and oversee the configuration, test, deployment, support, maintenance, and repair of all network equipment
- Perform root cause analysis to determine causes of outages
- Configure and optimize the network to connect various front-end and back-end components
- Minimize network latency and maximize data throughput through design analysis, observed network behavior, and network performance monitoring tools
- Report any known or suspected cybersecurity incidents immediately
- Validate new and existing dataflow and data formats
- Manage assigned tasks and provide guidance to more junior Network Engineers
- Develop algorithms used in modules or incorporated into models associated with the research and development of technologies and systems
- Perform system analysis of network and telecommunications to assess if deployed changes have caused impacts to customer traffic using provided expectations of traffic behavior, lessons learned, customer reporting, and established metrics and SLAs as baseline
- Configure and maintain organization’s network diagrams and accreditations
- Integrate network hardware and software to satisfy DHS regulations and standards
- Design, integrate, test and deploy solutions to established network issues
- Optimize end-to-end system performance and dataflow management
- Coordinate with appropriate dataflow organizations and end-customer recipients, follow-on data repositories and tasking organizations and mitigate potential adverse impacts on system-wide dataflow
- Implement specific network solutions to support infrastructure requirements and the testing and application of new technologies
- Coordinate with system engineering and integrate, configure, deploy, test and provide ongoing maintenance for numerous types of network devices, interfaces and methodologies
- Gather needed data to specify system/component performance and interface requirements
- Manage multiple assignments and work independently with minimal oversight
- Produce network design documents. Support architectural analysis of cyber security features and existing system related to future needs and trends
- Review and provide input to system requirements based on cybersecurity posture
- Compile industry best practices and lessons learned into future iterations and new designs
- Employ measures to ensure the deployed infrastructure is secure and available
- Develop processes to evaluate and improve all aspects of network infrastructure
- Work closely with stakeholders to solve technical problems with the network
- Collaborate, coordinate, and build relationships with customer representatives and external stakeholders
- Draft and review technical documentation, reports, and presentations as needed for customer or internal use.
- Manage physical and virtual infrastructure and troubleshoot problems to successful completion
- Develop solutions to complex technical issues
- Provide follow-up reports (technical findings, feedback, resolution steps taken) for root cause analysis, engineering technical assessments, and process improvement initiatives
- Provide training and documentation for customer and internal teams
- Identify tasks and issues that may have an impact on service levels or schedules and provide realistic schedule and cost estimates
- Maintain a current working knowledge of IT networks, architecture design, security best practices, and technical standards.
- Communicate with other technical leads, IT groups, and customer reps so they understand all aspects of proposed changes/solutions.
- Working knowledge of various telecommunication or network technologies and must have a strong understanding of the OSI model and configuration of routing or telecom protocols. (Such as EIGRP, OSPF, MPLS, BGP, LDP, DS0, DS1, MPLS, Ethernet, WAN, IP, BGP, BFD, Routers, Layer 2 switches, and CPE such as Media Gateways).
- BS degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related field and 12+ years of prior relevant experience with a focus on cybersecurity OR Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Extensive experience managing enterprise networks, especially for a federal government customer
- Expertise in Cisco- and Juniper-based networks
- Solid understanding of WAN service offerings
- Experience with public-sector data centers
- Expertise with Cloud services and components to build, manage, and maintain network services to/from Cloud environments
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Entry on Duty (EOD) is required to support this program
- Candidate must, at a minimum, have one of these certifications:
- Industry Certification(s): examples: CompTIA+, ITIL, JNCIA, JNCDA, JNCIS, JNCIP, CCNA, and CCNP or other technical, telecommunications, or technical support training programs.
- Ability to guide integration projects with partners, carriers and customers.
- Ability to change priorities in a fast paced or escalated environment.
- Experience working among different Cloud Provider environments (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Working knowledge of SD-WAN architectures and products.
- Customer Experience Mindset - the ability to exceed expectations and deliver consistent performance and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Expertise with Network Equipment and Software Defined Networking (Routing, Switching), Load Balancing Experience and Knowledge, Experience with telecommunications troubleshooting (TDM/IP/Ethernet) and MPLS.
Exposure and familiarity with Network Management, Performance, service desk, and Automation Platforms (examples: ServiceNow, Netscout, Splunk, Itential or similar )
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.