Are you interested in working with passionate and dedicated team members who are pushing boundaries in Customer spaces?
Do you have proven AWS cloud experience?
Do you Agile Dev/Ops experience?
Leidos is hiring a JAVA software developer to work with a dynamic and fast paced full lifecycle Agile Software Development program in Washington, DC. Our program works to develop and maintain a translation workflow tool to facilitate linguistics for the Intelligence Community.
The successful SW developer will work daily with technical leadership and their cross functions development teammates to develop technical features and enhancements in alignment with our Agile Release Train.
- Provide high quality full stack software development support as a software developer
- Work to develop and build out customer requirements for technical implementation
- Provides unique insight into software development best practices in AWS cloud environments
- Aid in performing engineering studies and prototype for future system and architecture enhancements
- Assist in the following engineering practices for the language translation workflow tool:
- Assist in systems or subsystems architecture and design
- Assist in systems or subsystems requirements
- Assist systems or subsystems deployments
- Assist in integration of tools / technologies / systems
- Attend Daily Scrum meetings
- 2 or more years of experience as a software engineer with demonstrated success in performing appropriate functions within large software development programs;
- Active Top Secret Clearance
- 3 or more years of experience with Oracle and SOA interfaces to web-based applications;
- Experience with Agile software development processes
- Knowledge of HLT software systems, customer relationship management software,
- and/or workflow management systems
- Experience with software profiling and performance tuning
- Experience performing manual software assurance reviews and/or automated software
- assurance reviews of the developed software
- Experience with DevOps frameworks and tools
- Experience with cloud-based software development
- Functions of this role shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Analyze users’ needs;
- Software design and development, and
- Design, assemble, test, document, and maintain software or systems.
- Candidates with an active TS/SCI with poly will have priority
- Experience with cloud based AWS systems
- Experience with Agile Software Development
- Experience with Oracle RDS Databases
- Certification as an Amazon Web Services Certified Associate
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.