Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
The Leidos Civil group is seeking a Civil Engineer to join the National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC IV) program, providing support to the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) Unstaffed Infrastructure Sustainment (UIS) programs (AJW-242). This position is 100% remote with 50% travel. Candidate may be located in any of these states (FL, GA, SC, NC, VA, MD, DE, PA, NY, NJ, MA, ME ). Travel will be throughout the Eastern Service Area.
- Designing shelter replacements, road improvements, roofing replacements, facility structural improvements, and facility modernization.
- Will manage multiple projects, tasks and deadlines through to completion.
- Effectively communicate in written and verbal form.
- Produce clear and concise general and technical writing products and tactfully coordinate with a variety of project stake holders, peers and management levels.
- Maintain an electronic project folder (as required) related to site preparation and equipment installation problems.
- Provide technical assistance and recommendations regarding the closure of construction-related punch-list items.
- Conduct efficient, organized data gathering and data analysis.
- Develop project plans, establish project schedules and project estimates.
- Discuss project-related items with stakeholders, contractors and code related Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ)
- Work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Provide well-organized documentation.
- Work independently in a large engineering organization.
- Will work with multiple disciplines as applied to general requirements as typical for standard types of engineering projects.
- Civil Engineering degree from a 4-year ABET-accredited College/University with 4 to 8 years of relevant experience or Masters degree and 2 to 6 years of experience.
- Relevant experience should include experience designing shelter replacements, road improvements, roofing replacements, facility structural improvements, and facility modernization.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft (MS) Word, Excel, Power Point, and Engineering Scheduling tools and applications, and be able to use the Internet as an information gathering and communications tool.
- Proficiency with AUTOCAD / MICROSTATION.
- Managing multiple projects concurrently.
Leidos is growing! Connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.