Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
The NISC IV program at Leidos is looking for an Occupational Safety Health Analyst!
100% Remote/Telework position. Anywhere in California area; OR within the Western Service Area (i.e. California, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming) locations.
The selected candidate will:
- Takes effective steps to ensure that workplace conditions comply with applicable federal and state Occupational Safety and Health standard provisions of any labor agreement, ensuring that all required records are prepared and maintained.
- Participates in Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) inspections and in any procedures that may follow a citation.
- Investigates, prepares, and forwards as required.
- Reports on injuries and fatalities.
- Conducts safe work procedures training courses.
List daily duties and/or specific job responsibilities.
- This position will support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Air Traffic Organization (ATO), Western Service Area (WSA) Environmental, Occupational Safety & Health (EOSH) Program and assist the District Safety and Environmental Compliance Managers (SECMs) in providing EOSH support to Airway Facilities (AF) personnel for the Los Angles (LAX) District Office.
- The candidate will support the customer’s Asbestos, Lead, Environmental Compliance, OSH Compliance, Confined Space, Fall Protection, Safety Training, Drinking Water, Indoor Air Quality (IAQ), and Pandemic programs.
- The candidate will participate in EOSH investigations related to potential accidental releases, mishaps, and employee complaints, as requested by the Safety & Environmental Compliance Manager (SECM).
** Prefer candidate to be in California area; OR within the Western Service Area locations **
If the candidate lives anywhere in the Western Service Area (i.e. California, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming) locations, this will be a 100% Remote/Telework position.
- Must have experience in one of the following areas: Industrial Hygienist (IH) OR Occupational Safety and Health (OSH).
- Working knowledge and proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office applications to include: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Office and MS PowerPoint.
- The position requires the candidate to travel approximately 25% – 50% supporting the LAX District.
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain Public Trust Security clearance.
- Requires Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, OR equivalent experience/combined education will be accepted in lieu of degree, with 4+ years of professional experience; OR 2+ years of professional experience with a related Masters degree.
List additional skills and experience that is “nice to have” but not required.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) OR Associated Safety Professional is highly desired.
- Certified in any of the following areas is a plus: Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA) Asbestos Contractor/Supervisor; AHERA Asbestos Building Inspector; Certified Lead Professional; Lead Inspector/Risk Assessor; and Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER).
- Able to be fit-tested and wear respirator, and be enrolled in Respiratory Protection Program (if hired).
- Able to meet all requirements necessary to climb structures and oversee Fall Protection Program.
- Confined Space assessment experience, program administration experience; Forklift Operator, Forklift Instructor; Aerial Lift Operator, and Aerial Lift Instructor Experience, are desired.
- Should have highly developed presentation skills, comfortable conducting training classes, self-motivated and proactive team player, excellent written and oral communication skills, and proficient using MS Office software.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.