The Intelligence Group at Leidos is seeking a Mid Level Virtual Reality /Augmented Reality / Mixed Reality Software Engineer with good understanding of 3D environments. In this position, you will be engaged in a multi-year development project, building 3D applications for HTC VIVE/Oculus and augmented-reality application targeting the Microsoft HoloLens 2.0 headset. Specific skills required include a deep knowledge of building out large-scale environments in Unity Software, in a scalable way. Mixed Reality and Simulation-based applications will give users the ability to practice potentially dangerous and hazardous tasks, in a safe and risk-free virtual environment. The successful candidate is highly motivated to deliver solutions to customers by working collaboratively with Project Managers, Designers and the rest of the engineering team to implement best in class features and help define 3D development architecture.
- Architect, develop, deploy, and maintain features for VR/AR/XR applications
- Building 3D model preparation pipelines to convert CAD models to triangulated meshes
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code.
- Collaborate with teams of developers, participating in regular code reviews.
- Perform integration testing as well as collaborating with other internal teams.
- Communicate with project customers or end users in order to fully understand, plan, and implement feedback and feature requests.
- Stay current on latest features and practices of Unity and other 3D development platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or related field with at least 4-8 years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of professional experience in Unity, Unreal, or other 3D development.
- Experience developing interactive applications for virtual reality and/or mixed reality (e.g. HoloLens/Magic Leap)
- Working knowledge of Python, C++, C#.
- Proficiency with Unity/Unreal packages, systems and workflows (Addressables, URP, DOTS)
- Knowledge of Scrum/Agile development framework.
- Experience working with cloud computing platforms such as AWS.
- Experience with implementing and maintaining unit testing.
- Proficiency with Git or comparable version control system.
- Knowledge of 3D modeling software (Blender, Maya, etc.) and ability to manipulate 3D geometry
- Mentor and act as a role model for junior and intermediate developers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Passion for building and playing in VR
Must possess an active TS/SCI and eligible for CI poly
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.