Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a difference? We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. EACH DAY MATTERS!
Leidos is seeking a DevOps Support Engineer to provide mission critical system support to our customer. This role will closely with IT, Development as well as other technology stakeholders to maintain, develop and support an IC enterprise products – legacy and new products – in an Agile SAFe environment. The Foundations DevOps Engineer will work collaboratively with software engineering to deploy and operate systems. Help automate and streamline operations and processes. Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations, and troubleshoot and resolve issues in dev, test, and production environments.
- Managing, building, configuring, administering, operating and maintaining all components that comprise the DevOps environment
- Developing and maintaining scripts to automate tool deployment to an AWS cloud environment and other tasks
- Scripting and maintaining build environments
- Working with project teams to integrate their products into the DevOps environment
- Conducting round table discussions on capabilities
- Defining enterprise Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment processes and best practices
- Codifying software development best practices across the enterprise
- Developing automated testing framework within DevOps processes
- Support developers as they use the suite of DevOps services, primarily Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, SonarQube, GitHub and Sonatype Nexus.
- Setup and configure DevOps services in support of stakeholders.
- Troubleshoot user issues with DevOps Services, escalating when necessary
- Manage project team configurations across all of the DevOps Service provided
- Document frequently asked questions and create/update knowledge base articles for developers regarding use of DevOps services
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with polygraph.
- Candidate must have BS with 4+ years of prior relevant work experience or Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant work experience.
- Experience in container orchestration using Docker, Vangrant and Kubernetes
- Understands configuration management tools such as Jeknks, Bitbucket, and Artifactory.
- Strong knowledge with Agile development methodologies and the Atlassian suite of tools
- Strong knowledge of CI/CD integration using GitLab, Jenkins, Bitbucket
- Experience with Eclipse, Maven and Ansible and Puppet.
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.