The Software Configuration Management DevSecOps System Engineer will join a high-performing Leidos team immersed in high performance development projects. You will be involved in the entire software development life cycle, from design and development, all the way through to maintenance and support of the customer’s 24x7 mission system. This position will place you in roles where you have the opportunity to make an impact on the results of our project. The Leidos team offers a collaborative environment where you have the opportunity to learn from or lead others. Candidate will serve as the Release and Deployment manager to support a multi-disciplinary team to accomplish the software baselines, builds, and promotions in a timely manner to the 24x7 mission operations system.
- Responsible for installation, support, administration and maintenance of the mission's configuration management, build and release process, currently housed in ClearCase and GIT.
- Establish new and enhance existing policies and procedures for configuration management, build and release management
- Supports all stages of the software development and maintenance lifecycle to include custom software development and COTS/GOTS integration, all phases of testing, integration, deployment, and mission support.
- Troubleshoot application configuration/deployment issues in test and production environments
- Documents and provides updates on the release activities to include release planning, release schedules, and risks.
- Leverage their knowledge of IT enterprise infrastructure and application dependencies to validate the release processes.
- Active MBI or Ability to optain.
- BS/BA and 4+ years of relevant work experience; additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience managing GIT repository.
- Hands on experience with large system SCM with source code control, configuration management, and code branching/merging strategies.
- Demonstrable knowledge with managing and overseeing entire release management cycle to include hotfixes, defect tracking, production operations status reporting.
- Experience working in a multi-level security classification environment.
- Experience working in a DevSecOps environment and with Agile SCRUM teams.
- Experience with adherence and compliance for data integrity and security policies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required to collaborate with testers, systems engineers, architects, software developers, management as well as ability to work with multiple teams to release software.
- Experience designing, implementing, and maintaining a full stack/micro-service CI/CD infrastructure.
- Experience in DevOps environment.
- Familiar with programming languages, in particular Java, C, Python, or Perl.
- Experience with Linux systems and exposure to Linux administration.
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.