The Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) at Leidos currently has an opening for an Mechanical Stress Engineer to work in our Bridgewater, VA office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Leidos mission. In this mission, we provide aerial intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance platforms for today’s warfighter.
- Perform static, linear structural analysis for modifications to FAR Part 23 and Part 25 aircraft
- Analyze metals, non-metallic, and composite structures using both Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and classical hand calculation methodology
- Write structural test plans, test reports, and structural analysis reports
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) design/drafting
- Peer review analyses and drawings of other engineers
- Review and approve deviation request and non-conformance reports
- Providing technical inputs to mechanical designs during all phases of the design
- Responsible for analysis and feedback multiple design projects simultaneously, utilizing sound project management principles to prioritize work to meet cost, schedule, and quality objectives
- Present analysis assumptions and results during internal and external design reviews
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Structural Engineering and two (2) or more years of experience; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Excellent communications skills to interface with customers and peers
- Familiarity with FEA and CAD software
- Strong knowledge in static/dynamic engineering mechanics
- Eligible to obtain minimum of Secret clearance
- Proficient knowledge of FEMAP and SolidWorks
- CFD, damage tolerance, vibration, fatigue, and/or thermal analysis experience
- Experience with Army Aviation Engineering Directorate (AED) and NAVAIR requirements
- Active Secret clearance
- Working knowledge of FAA rules and regulations
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.