The Leidos Defense Group has an opening for a Cyber Security Fusion Analyst on the DISA GSM-O II program supporting Joint Force Headquarters DODIN at Fort Meade.
GSM-O II provides network operations and cyber defense support to the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) in support of the DoD and COCOMs . In this role, you will provide support with incident handling, triage of events, network analysis and threat detection, trend analysis, metric development, vulnerability information dissemination, and the DoD CNDSP methodology
As a member of the Cyber Security Fusion Team, you will assist with:
- Identifying threats, improving security, and reducing the attack surface.
- Leveraging an array of network monitoring and detection capabilities (including netflow, custom application protocol logging, signature-based IDS, and full packet capture (PCAP) data) to identify cyber adversary activity.
- Supporting the development of Cyber Fusion Standard, Cyber Fusion Framework and Methodology based on industry best practice and department of defense instruction, guidance, and policy.
- Performing threat informed analysis by leveraging serialized reporting, intelligence product sharing, OSINT, and open source vulnerability information to ensure prioritized plans are developed.
- Analyzing and documenting malicious cyber actors TTPs, providing recommendations and alignment to vulnerabilities and applicability to the enterprise operational environment.
- Discovering adversary campaigns, anomalies and inconsistencies in sensor and system logs, SIEMs, and other data; investigate to identify or rule out system compromises, provide written analytic summaries and attack life cycle visualizations.
- Providing risk assessments and recommendations based on analysis of technologies, threats, intelligence, and vulnerabilities.
- Recommending adjustment of countermeasures, enterprise or tactical, to account for threats impacting the DODIN.
- Recommending adjustment of prioritized enterprise focused analysis based on immediate threat identified based on intelligence and other analysis performed.
- Collecting analysis metrics and trending data, identify key trends, and provide situational awareness on these trends.
- Active DoD TS/SCI Clearance and eligible for polygraph
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline and 8 years of related experience. Additional experience may be accepted in lieu of degree
- Security+ Certification (or other equivalent DoD 8570 Level II certification)
- In-depth knowledge of network and application protocols, cyber vulnerabilities and exploitation techniques and cyber threat/adversary methodologies (TTPs).
- Proficiency with datasets that support analysis (e.g. passive DNS, WHOIS/registration data, system/service enumeration data, threatindicators/observables, malware analysis results, etc) and various open-source and commercial vendorportals/services/platforms that provide that data.
- Proficiency working with various types of network data (e.g. netflow, PCAP, custom application logs)
- Experience with DISA and DoD Networks.
- Skilled in building extended cyber security analytics.
- Demonstrated experience briefing Senior Executive Service (SES) and General Officer/Flag Officer (GO/FO) leadership.
- Experience in intelligence driven defense and/or cyber Kill Chain methodology.
- IAT Level III and IAM Level II+III Certifications
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.