Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Leidos is seeking a Security Operations Center (SOC) Manager to run a 24x7x365 SOC. Manage the Security Operations (SecOps) team of approximately 6 cyber security professionals to include analysts and incident responders to monitor, detect, respond, and remediate threats facing our customer’s geographically-dispersed constituents. The team is comprised of junior, mid, and senior level resources to include a one lead. The SecOps team will report to the SOC Manager who will lead the Mint’s SOC transformation effort’s to provide a more mature and integrated framework to Incident response, triaging incidents, security monitoring and supporting security engineering projects to improve the U.S Mint’s cybersecurity defense posture.
The team is working remotely until further notice. This position will require onsite support at the U.S Mint SOC.
- Serve as the overall Point of Contact and final escalation point for the SOC. Frequent direct interface with federal staff counterpart and Cybersecurity Program Manager to advise and coordinate operational activities to include notable threats, active incidents, and situation awareness.
- Act as incident commander during high severity incidents, if necessary.
- Operate autonomously to further investigate and escalate in accordance with protocols and contractual SLAs. Uphold and enforce established processes.
- Advise the U.S Mint Chief Information Security Officer and Information Security Division Operations lead on cybersecurity tool selection to satisfy SOC functions and to address Network security gaps.
- Identify SOC capability enhancement ideas for continuous improvement. Prioritize and assign resources to support enhancement projects and special requests.
- Report SOC related metrics as defined and required within contract
- Work with subject matter experts across the program to transform the maturity of the SOC to an industry-leading organization. The program has a dedicated SOC transformation team, engineering team, and project management team.
- Spearhead coordination/communication initiatives to address continuous process improvement and Table Top exercises.
- Responsible for managerial responsibilities such as staffing, performance assessment, career path planning, training, and coaching/mentoring for all SOC team members.
- Create and manage shift schedules.
- Prior SOC management or supervisory experience in a 24x7 environment to manage personnel effectively
- Knowledgeable on multiple technology and system types (e.g., SIEM, SOAR, IDS/IPS)
- Must be US Citizen. Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Identify process improvement and technology opportunities for increased innovation, cost savings, and customer satisfaction.
- Prior experience as a change agent to implement cultural and operational changes
- CISSP or equivalent cybersecurity certification(s).
- Experience aligning MITRE ATT&CK framework and Cybersecurity Kill Chain process to SOC Analyst and Incident Response workflows.
- Prior working experience to secure ICS/SCADA architecture and Operational Technology networks.
- Prior experience working alongside significant technology refresh and insertion projects.
- Provide oversight to develop and update SOC SOPs, Incident Response playbooks, and white papers.
Leidos is growing! Connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.