At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable practices. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business. Employees enjoy career enrichment opportunities available through mobility and development and experience rewarding relationships with supportive supervisors and talented colleagues and customers. Your most important work is ahead.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos is looking to fill a Lead Systems Engineer position within the Analysis Solutions Division (ASD) to manage a large O & M program. The environment consists of a hybrid data center model and multiple network enclaves supporting a range of applications. The effort includes desktop support, service desk operations, system engineering and management, cybersecurity and secure networking, all within the context of an Agile environment. As a leader within the organization, the Lead Systems Engineer will be expected to collaborate and coordinate with a geographically distributed team while working independently to implement the vision. Setting the vision for innovative capabilities and digital transformation, leading test and development teams, quantifying transformation benefits, developing Analysis of Alternatives (AoA), are essential duties as the Lead Systems Engineer. The Lead Systems Engineer will manage development and implementation of new and emerging technologies or processes to enhance mission capabilities. The Lead Systems Engineer is expected to learn and apply new technologies in an expedient fashion while taking an active role in shaping the direction of the organization and optimal solutions. Immediate mainstays will be data center software and hardware, Cloud Architecture, Project Management, team leadership, and ensuring cybersecurity and Zero Trust Architecture is a core tenant of any transformation recommendation. The successful candidate must be comfortable with being technically challenged on an ongoing basis to ensure continuous program success and evolution.
The work location is in Bethesda at the Intelligence Community Campus.
Responsibilities also include:
- Infuse new technology into the environment, which includes the hybrid data center, ensuring the designs are compatible with the architecture and allocated requirements
- Manage the definition development and implementation of new and/or emerging technologies and processes for the user facing and backend IT systems
- Chair and/or participate in center-wide level boards and review processes (ERBs, ROMB, architecture reviews, etc.)
- Support the engineering team in the design, integration, and security posture of products for the environment - COTS, GOTS, and/or Leidos developed
- Manage the baseline to include the routine and out of cycle updates, as well as the development of system release schedules which meet program objectives and present those schedules to leadership and the customer
- Develop and maintain documentation and diagrams that adhere to program quality standards
- Actively participate and mentor team members in solution design, process and/or approaches
- Coordinate receipt of new technology solutions provided by Engineering to meet current and future mission needs
- Coordinate, conduct, and participate in collaboration meetings with, and on behalf of the Government
- Identify system integrity issues and solutions for the full system lifecycle
- Effectively lead a geographically dispersed multi-discipline team to achieve the program schedule and all deliverable requirements
- Coordinate with Operations Leads and subcontractor teams to effectively build and deploy new system baselines and revisions
- Plan, manage, and enforce Customer hardware, software, and process baseline standards
- Provide support metrics and reporting to leadership
- Assist leadership with planning schedules and ensure proper personnel coverage for support activities
- Requires expert knowledge of and ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts
- A Master’s degree with a minimum of 15 years of related work experience, additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Technical leadership experience (3 years minimum) leading a medium-to-large program supporting design, development, integration, and testing of a complex, multi-component system.
- Experience with ITIL, ITSM and hardware and software utilized for operations and support of data center resources utilized to manage, operate, or run applications, database systems, and end user access
- Ability to mentor and lead a technical team to include functional management of 5+ direct reports
- Demonstrated experience propagating mission ready products (hw, sw, systems) throughout the development/delivery life cycle
- Highly organized with strong troubleshooting, problem solving, and verbal/written communication skills
- Experience with DevOps lifecycle development of large system integration programs following government security, regulatory, ANSI, and similar standards
- Up to 25% travel may be required to support activities at each primary duty location
- Strong project management skills
- IT Service Management ITIL Foundation Certification
- TS/SCI w/Polygraph required.
- Knowledge of end user and data center technologies, related scientific principles, theories, and concepts.
- Experience with Agile or Waterfall development methodologies
- Leadership roles on previous system, hardware, or software integration programs
- Experience working with hardware and software vendors to provide highest availability, highest throughput and processing for applications and end user access
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.