The Retail Marketing Specialist is an integral piece of sharing Hawai‘i Energy’s offerings with the public, ensuring that customers are fully aware of available rebates and resources while shopping for energy-efficient products. This person will be responsible for developing strong, engaging point-of-purchase marketing materials to promote the purchase of residential and commercial products such as LED lighting, ENERGY STAR® appliances, water heaters and more – working closely with Hawai‘i Energy’s operations team, retailers/distributors, manufacturer partners and creative agency to ultimately achieve program energy savings targets.
This position will spend a decent amount of time in the field interfacing in-person with store staff, distributors, manufacturer reps, and thus, will be required to travel at times across Oahu, Maui, and the Big Island (Hawai‘i). Time management of in-office responsibilities and in-field responsibilities is required. This is a new position with lots of opportunity to grow based on performance and capabilities.
The ideal candidate will: possess strong written and verbal communication skills; have extensive experience working on marketing campaigns and collaborating across internal and external teams; be able to represent & speak to Hawai‘i Energy well in public; and be passionate about encouraging the adoption of energy-efficient products. Candidates should be comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment balancing several projects at once, and have a strong sense of team and collaborative spirit. This position is part of the Marketing & Communications team and will report to the Marketing & Communications Manager.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Coordinate marketing initiatives with retailers and distributors that sell energy-efficient products, such as ENERGY STAR® appliances, lighting, and water heaters.
- Involves working with creative agency to produce helpful, professionally-designed marketing materials for stores and online (as allowed), such as signage, displays, tear sheets, rack cards, shelf talkers, etc.
- Manage marketing elements of new rebate offer launches, working in tandem with internal operations team, store staff, manufacturers, and others.
- Schedule and conduct regular trainings/briefings with store/distributor staff to ensure they are well-versed on Hawai‘i Energy’s offerings and able to speak about them confidently to customers.
- Communicate regularly with retailer, distributor and manufacturer contacts to inform them of any program changes.
- Help ensure that Hawai‘i Energy in-store signage and any educational information are visible, up-to-date, and effective. Coordinate the delivery of approved marketing materials to stores when needed.
- Conduct as needed retail product availability audits for reporting purposes to applicable stakeholders.
- Strategize, source and/or recommend new retail marketing opportunities as they come up.
- Assist with gathering photos, video and other content for use on Hawai‘i Energy’s social media pages, website and email marketing campaigns.
- Build & maintain relationships with retailer and distributor contacts. Serve as an additional point of contact for the program and triage any questions that require follow-ups with operations team.
- Gather and analyze data on the effectiveness of Hawai‘i Energy’s retail marketing efforts, and apply findings to future planning and promotion design.
- Encourage local contractors and installers to join Hawai‘i Energy’s Clean Energy Ally network.
- Collaborate with IT on new initiatives for rebate processing system that support residential and commercial programs.
- High school diploma or equivalent and 2-4 years of experience in marketing, retail merchandising, and/or community outreach.
- Basic understanding of home products retail seasonal calendar for lighting, appliances, air conditioners and other energy-saving products.
- Excellent writing and communication skills (writing/creative samples may be requested), and excellent organizational skills with high attention to details.
- Strong public speaking skills and comfortability speaking to large group of stakeholders and/or customers on Hawai‘i Energy’s programs.
- Experience with creating marketing collateral, using tools such as Canva, Adobe Photoshop, or InDesign.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.).
- A strong commitment to professionalism and upholding Hawai‘i Energy’s core values.
- A strong commitment to Hawai‘i Energy’s mission and passion for energy, sustainability and community service work in Hawai‘i.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or related field
- Prior experience with energy efficiency or utility rebate programs.
- Prior retail experience with hardware/home improvement companies.
- Prior experience with coordinating retail floor marketing and working with store staff on promotional rollouts.
- Comfortable collaborating in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where multi-tasking will be required.
- Basic knowledge of Hawai‘i Energy program and energy issues in Hawai‘i.
About Hawai‘i Energy
For over a decade, Hawai‘i Energy has empowered island families and businesses to make smart energy choices by educating them about the many, lasting benefits of clean energy. Our marketing & communications team is a group of dynamic, experienced professionals who provide fresh and effective ways to encourage the adoption of energy-saving equipment and behaviors, and educate the public on the importance of reducing energy waste.
Our team members are committed to our mission and supporting Hawai‘i’s goal to achieve 100% clean energy by 2045, which has led to Hawai‘i Energy being named one of Hawai‘i’s Best Places To Work® since 2017.
Pay Range:Pay Range $33,150.00 - $51,000.00 - $68,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.