Looking to make an impact?
Leidos Engineering is seeking a highly motivated Electrical Engineer Intern to work in our Honolulu, HI location. The Electrical Engineer Intern will typically support one or more senior engineers in performance of design related assignments associated with electric transmission, distribution and substation facilities.
This position offers a variety of opportunities, including, but not limited to:
- experiencing a professional work environment
- performing a variety of routine engineering tasks
- developing basic engineering principles and techniques in design
- learning to apply engineering principles to practical engineering problems
- performing basic engineering calculations
- learning to use engineering software applications
- learning to make, read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications
Successful candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment and flexible work hours/work arrangements as well as managers who will encourage career development and growth including:
- Engineer in Training Certificate (EIT)
- Professional Engineer License (PE)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Technical & Non-Technical Training Opportunities
- Leadership Opportunities
- Mentorship & Training Opportunities
- Opportunity to Lead, Grow, and Inspire a Dynamic Team
In this role, you can also expect to gain:
- NESC expertise
- Interface with local clients
- Electrical Power Calculations
- Interactions with other disciplines(Substation, Protection & Controls, and Civil Structural)
- Strategic Development
- Expanding a Portfolio of Business
- Partnering with a Variety of Utility Clients Nationwide
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, then keep reading!
- Complete tasks and assignments based on direction provided by senior engineers
- Participate in site investigations to assess existing conditions, identify potential constructability issues, and develop possible solutions
- Perform engineering calculations and analyses
- Learn to apply industry codes and standards to the design process
- Prepare design drawings suitable for use in installing equipment and constructing facilities
- Develop bill of materials for each project
Required Education & Experience:
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited Electrical Engineering degree program
- Prior intern experience within the Power Engineering sector a plus
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure situations
- Team player who can work effectively in team environment
- Self-starter who work independently with minimal direction
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required when interfacing with clients and staff
- Detail oriented with attention to quality
- Strong analytical skills and proven problem solver in both team and independent environments
- High level of computer competency
Leidos is a trusted and technology-focused solutions provider. Utilities and mobile operators rely on our Power Delivery Services Team for reliable power and telecommunication expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities, more than 160 municipals/cooperatives, as well as a growing number of mobile operators, local utility providers and private developers. In addition to providing engineering and project management services, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful Energy Delivery Solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within the Top 10 T&D Firms, and Top 10 Power Firms.
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.