- Associate Project Manager - Electric Utilities
Leidos Engineering has an opportunity for a Associate Project Manager - Electric Utilities who will work alongside lead engineers and account managers supporting various clients within our Power Delivery Services division.
- We are currently seeking qualified applicants to provide Project Management Services related to transmission line and substation design projects completed by our talented engineering team.
- The Project Manager will be part of an established Project Management Office in Charlotte, North Carolina that provides consulting services to public-owned and investor-owned electric utilities. These consulting services provide clients with overall project management tasks in the areas of comprehensive engineering design of substation and transmission line projects nationwide.
- Project Manager Primary Responsibilities
- Managing various sized electric utility projects for public-owned and investor-owned electric utilities located throughout the Southeast
- Responsible for overall project performance as well as managing the scope, schedule, budget, and safety performance
- Ensures project costs, schedule and scope are managed, including the development of recovery plans, to stay within approved limits
- Driving work products by coordinating and working with Engineering Leads and Managers to track and execute client deliverables
- Development of financial controls reports to produce weekly/monthly reports for client and internal review (i.e. Financial Reports, Action Item Lists, Resource loading analysis and schedules, Meeting Minutes, etc.)
- Ensuring project costs, schedule and scope are managed, including the development of recovery plans, to stay within approved limits
- Interfacing directly with the client and internal management to report progress, costs, schedule, and risks across a portfolio of distribution projects
- Interfacing and communicating with clients, internal project teams, multiple engineering disciplines, functional leaders, subcontractors, and support personnel
- Assist with the preparation of bid documents, development of requests for proposal responses and cost estimates
- Proposal development: including scope, schedule, and budget development
- Monthly client invoicing and accounts receivable
- Creation and maintenance of client and office resource loaded schedules
Project Manager Basic Qualifications
- Typically requires a BA degree and 2- 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must demonstrate recent and in-depth expertise in electric power infrastructure projects
- Strong background using Microsoft Excel is desired
- Experience developing schedules using either MS Project or P6
- Engineering background is desired but not required
Project Manager Preferred Qualifications
- PMP Certification preferred
- Must have demonstrated success with a team approach to the consulting business
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with electric power industry and knowledge of business issues associated with power delivery services
- Periodic travel is required
Program Name PDS Duke
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.