Leidos is hiring a Sr. Systems Administrator (SA) ready to be a member of a dynamic and fast paced technical program in Washington, DC. Our program has full lifecycle Agile Software Development and O&M for our cloud and on-prem systems. Our program works to develop and maintain a translation workflow tool to facilitate linguistics for the Intelligence Community.
The successful senior level SA will provide hands on interaction and support for the entire team fulfilling and implementing AWS services and support duties. The on-site SA will coordinate O&M cycles with program leadership to schedule O&M activates for efficient deployment of upgrades and modifications. The position will play a key role in building a new operational environment working through the ATO achievement and into full operations.
- Provide systems administration to the systems on three government enclaves conducting operational duties supporting security, configuration, networking, OS patching and applications deployments
- Administer and establish the architecture of multi-tier systems
- Manage the complete AWS lifecycle including security, provisioning, and automation
- Create and manage AWS VPC, and other networking components
- Maintain access control and integrity of data throughout the application life cycle
- Establish metrics and carefully monitor the utilization of AWS resources leveraging Aws CloudWatch, CloudTrail and Splunk
- Effectively monitor billing and develop cost optimization strategies
- Automate infrastructure provisioning using CloudFormation
- Perform OS patches, server upgrades, and software upgrades
- Automate repetitive mundane manual tasks using PowerShell script
- Works with a cross functional operational team in a cloud based, Windows 2019 OS environment
- Occasional support as Tier 2 and Tier 3 Help Desk support
- The Cloud Administrator will work with a high tempo Operations Team to maintain and deploy the customer system and application to ensure system security, integrity and health
- Will work onsite in DC alongside the customer
- Provide keen insights and recommendations on best practices and implementations from a SA perspective
- Work closely with Security Engineer to meet NIST-800-53 controls and server STIG/Vulnerability compliance
- BS/BA Degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters Degree with 6+ years of prior relevant experience (in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, System Administration, Cyber Security)
- Strong demonstrated working experience in the AWS cloud as a systems administrator conducting maintenance on IT Windows Systems.
- Active DoD clearance at the Top-Secret level with SCI eligibility and a polygraph within the last 5 years
- 4 or more years of experience performing systems administration and O&M tasks for Windows systems
- Cloud networking experience (Route Tables, NACLs, Security Groups, ports/protocols) to facilitate both application functionality and firewall compliance
- Function as technical SME in design, modification, and debugging bare-metal and virtual Windows Servers
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- System hardening experience via GPO, registry, system configuration, and WSUS patch management
- Experience with migration and operation of systems to an Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud environment
- Knowledge or experience with Risk Management Framework and Authority to Operates (ATO)
- Strong communication skills
- Ability working and engaging the customer almost daily
- AWS GovCloud, SC2S or C2S experience
- Experience with Oracle RDS 19c databases
- Security+ Certification
- Certification as an AWS Certified Solution Architect Associate and/or AWS Certified SysOps Administrator
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.