Are you ready to join Leidos all-star team? Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show how to accelerate your career path.
The Leidos Innovation Center (LInC) Advanced Analytics team has an opening for someone like you, a Research Scientist with experience designing, developing, implementing, and transitioning high-assurance software and software-intensive systems using formal analysis techniques to work in our Arlington, VA office. You have proven research qualifications and demonstrable experience developing solutions for a range of customers but focusing on those in the contract research and development space. Your specialty is in formal methods with a proven track record in developing state-of-the-art automated reasoning technologies that enable production of high-assurance software and software-intensive systems.
As our principal research scientist, you will serve in the role of principal investigator on contract R&D and internal R&D programs, engaging R&D customers and transition partners to develop new business opportunities and leading teams of researchers and engineers in developing, adapting, extending, and supporting the transition of innovative approaches and solutions in high-assurance software and software-intensive systems. A focus of this research is the generation of assurance evidence for critical software, at scale. The innovative technical solutions will advance the state of the art while addressing long-term problems of importance to national security. As such, you need successful, proven, and demonstrable experience leading proposals and winning competitive research and development efforts, and then leading high-performing teams in the development and integration of software-based solutions for customers such as DARPA and other branches of the Department of Defense.
Fun challenges you will work on:
• Independently influence the development of approaches and solutions that address highly-complex research challenges as well as partner in a team environment across organizations.
• Independently design and undertake new applications of research in formal methods as well as partner in a team environment across organizations.
• Develop topics for novel and innovative R&D approaches to solving challenges in the area of high-assurance software and work with potential sponsors (customers or internal champions) to secure funding for new research efforts based on those topics.
• Lead teams of fellow researchers, data scientists, data engineers, and software engineers to execute complex R&D programs.
This is you:
• M.S degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related technical field with at least 10 years of industrial/academic experience advancing the state of the art in formal verification, developing technologies such as program analysis, constraint-solving, symbolic execution, or theorem proving or 12 years with a Bachelor's degree
• Must have a Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance
• At least 4 years of experience with programming languages such as Java, Scala, C/C++, Ruby, Rust, or Python
• At least 5 years of hands-on experience applying formal methods, using technologies such as theorem provers for first-order logic and higher-order logic, proof assistants, solvers, or other automated reasoning tools
• Strong and proven customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true technical challenges and requirements associated with opportunities, recommending alternative technical approaches, and shaping future opportunities
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
• Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or in areas related to low-level systems, software correctness
• Track record of extending formal methods tools for new challenges
• Experience applying and leading the application of formal methods in fundamental research contexts, to problems in complex domains, under conditions of uncertainty, and dynamic and evolving technical challenges
• Proven track record in proposing, winning, and executing work with customers such as DARPA
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent written and oral skills in communicating technical information with an ability to present complex technical information clearly and coherently
• Proven experience forming strong teams composed of members from academia and industry for competitive research and development opportunities
• Current Top Secret security clearance
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.