The Leidos Innovation Center (LInC) Advanced Analytics team has an opening for Research Scientist with experience and proven qualifications in designing and implementing state-of-the-art technical approaches for contract research and development projects for a range of customers to work in our Arlington, VA office. We are looking for someone who is capable of building and leading multidisciplinary teams composed of fellow research scientists, data scientists, software developers, and engineers from the proposal, execution, and transition stages of projects. Someone who specializes in machine learning and wants to join a team of Ph.D.-level peers on this mission.
The innovative technical solutions delivered to customers advance the state of the art while addressing long-term problems of importance to national security. Our team has successful, proven, and demonstrable experience leading cross-discipline teams in the development and integration of software-based solutions for competitive, contract-based applied research programs. In this role you will need to have experience designing solutions for competitively sourced proposals and in forming teams of composed of industry, small businesses, and academic-based partners for contract R&D programs and directing teams of research scientists (including research scientists with backgrounds in machine learning, artificial intelligence, and embedded systems) in the design of sub-components, integration platforms, and testing and research validation methodologies and techniques. We are also looking for someone with experience developing solutions for a variety of machine learning problems (e.g., probabilistic modeling, learning techniques, statistical inference) and application areas (e.g., NLP, computer vision, data mining, cybersecurity, operations research).
This is your day to day:
• Collaborate with teammates across the organization, bringing diverse capabilities together to develop innovative solutions for contract research and development projects, both leading and sometimes working under the guidance of fellow researchers.
• Take on the challenges of processing, interpreting, and analyzing large volumes of data.
• Blend your research and operational experience in order to apply approaches to the problems of inference in complex operational environments given varying degrees of quality of data.
To be successful in this role you need these skills (required):
• Bachelor's degree (Ph.D. highly desired) in engineering, computer science, data science, or a related discipline, such as economics, statistics, or applied mathematics with at least 8 years of specialized experience innovating analytical techniques and performing analytical functions using machine-learning libraries or other approaches. With a Ph.D., at least four years of overall experience is preferred.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI.
• Track record of relevant publications in peer-reviewed conferences and journals.
• Knowledge of state-of-the-art methods coupled with the creativity and intelligence to advance beyond them.
• Experience in one or more subfields of ML or AI, such as: NLP, Computer Vision, Pattern Recognition, Predictive Modeling, Data Mining, Decision Support, Reduced Order Modeling.
• Leadership abilities necessary to lead projects.
• Strong data analysis skills and extensive experience with developing and prototyping algorithms in Python and/or Matlab.
• Previous experience as a technical lead, such as a principal investigator on a project
• Experience as a PI on projects for a competitive contract R&D customer, such as DARPA
• Familiarity with collaboration environments (e.g. Jupyter notebooks, PyCharm)
• Prior experience with many of the following models: Deep Learning (CNNs, RCNNs, LSTMs), GANs, Autoencoders, Reinforcement Learning, Probabilistic Modeling, Siamese Networks, Logistic Regression, Linear Regression, Support Vector Machines, Hidden Markov Models, Conditional Random Fields, Latent Dirichlet Allocation
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.