Leidos currently has an opening for a Project Manager for the 363rd ISRW/365th Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance Group at Nellis AFB. Applicant will perform Project Management (PM) duties and have experience managing large projects, especially in fielding large information technology (IT) integration and/or data center efforts. The PM will translate user requirements into technical solutions and implement approaches to rapidly complete integration into current and future data center architectures. PM will track and coordinate project cost, acquisition efforts, project schedule and performance as a liaison with Civil Engineering, Army Corp of Engineers, communications (SC), and other entities on the design and installation of approved equipment/furnishings. In addition, the applicant assists the customer with equipment relocation and provides status updates, reports, and briefings to leaderships and stakeholders.
- Responsible for information technology projects, including project planning, resource allocation, steering committee leadership and team organizational structure management and understand overall project objectives, as well as the role and function of each project team member
- Maintain and control the project scope, project budget, schedules, resources, risk and issue resolution in compliance with IT project management guidelines.
- Provide support for operational requirements, solve issues, and collaborate with project teams Wing Staff, Group Staff and subordinate organizations.
- Prepare engineering/test/delivery plans and site installation documentation.
- Present milestone status reports and presentations to management.
- Organize and manage all phases of project management to ensure on-time completion and quality project deliverables, not limited to:
- Ensure project goals are achieved:
- Perform a technical review of documents.
- Identify/analyze risks and resolve issues.
- Implement changes and interventions as needed to minimize mission disruptions.
- Facilitate change requests and inform all parties of impacts to schedule and budget
- Bachelor's degree and 10+ years of related experience is required OR a AAS and 15 years of related experience . Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree .
- Strong understanding of formal project management methodologies.
- Skilled with interacting and coordinating across multiple technical and business teams
- Able to clearly communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experienced with various operating systems, platforms, and IT infrastructure
- Ability to lead project teams of various sizes and see them through to completion.
- Must be a U.S. citizen; must possess a current DoD Top Secret/SCI clearance single-scope background investigation. TS with SCI eligibility accepted
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; experience building scalable, distributed, high availability services; enjoy technical challenges and constantly striving to improve existing services, systems, and techniques
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Be able to multitask and deliver quality products within specified timelines
- Must be a team player with strong collaboration skills to lead cross functional teams on multi-team projects; strong sense of commitment and responsibility
- Ability to decide and act independently with minimal/no oversight to further assigned projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Project Management, Computer Science, IT or related field,
- Experience working with intelligence IT systems on multiple classification domains.
- Experience in collaborative work within the United States intelligence community and the United States Air Force.
- Experience in Nellis Air Force Base exercises and training operations
- Project Management experience, PMP Certificate or equivalent knowledge is desired.
- Knowledge of Air Force budgetary planning mechanisms, contracting processes and planning & execution of purchases to fulfill project requirements
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.