The NISC IV program at Leidos is looking for a Technical Writer/Communications Specialist to support multiple Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) programs including The Office of Policy, International Affairs, and Environment (APL) and National Engagement & Regional Administration (ARA).
We are seeking a talented and energetic candidate to work with the best and brightest employees around the country in creating innovative all-encompassing solutions for our programs. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth.
Our team supports a wide range of FAA organizations in achieving their business objectives under a NISC IV contract. The selected candidate will provide communications support including strategic planning, producing marketing and communications collateral, executing internal and external communications campaigns, developing information products.
Develop clear and concise communications products and materials for internal or external audiences. Conduct research to develop new content and update existing materials. Define metrics to track communications effectiveness. Support the clients by applying creative problem-solving and an entrepreneurial approach.
Other duties include researching technical reference materials, gathering relevant technical information, coordinating with stakeholders or other experts, developing draft and final copies of documentation while ensuring documents meet editorial and government specifications and adhering to standards for quality, graphics, coverage, format and style.
- Provide support through management of communication products for STEM outreach programs, strategic messaging, creative production, and content development.
- Communicate client requirements to design and development teams, manage production schedule, and delivery of collateral.
- Drive client expectations, resources, and production schedule to ensure timely delivery of work products.
- Conceptualize, design and develop marketing and branding of FAA initiatives including website content, video scripts, social media messaging, and other multi-media assets.
- Synthesize complex program initiatives and policies to create messaging for employees, as well as other internal and industry stakeholders.
- Ensure collateral is up-to-date and reflects the organizations current policies.
- Responsible for writing, editing, proofreading and/or providing writing support on non-technical and/or technical documents.
- Conform to policies, guidelines, and procedures with adherence to plain language guidelines and communication best practices, and FAA Office of Communications (AOC) branding guidelines.
- Ensure alignment of new products to FAA’s Office of Information Technology (AIT) standards.
- Bachelors degree and 4 to 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 to 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Excellent writing skills with demonstrated experience writing and editing various types of communications to include: web content, marketing materials and communications plans.
- The candidate must have ability to communicate well orally and possess excellent writing skills to various levels of management, including data presentations through charts, graphs and MS PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge and proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office applications to include: Word, Excel, Office, Teams, and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Security clearance.
- Prior experience working in federal government contracting, FAA is a plus.
- Candidate must be organized and detail oriented, have strong analytical skills, and is a team player.
- The selected candidate will have highly developed presentation skills, self-motivated and a proactive team player with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of Section 508 Compliance requirements.
Pay Range:Pay Range $57,850.00 - $89,000.00 - $120,150.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.