We are seeking a customer-focused, highly motivated Sr. Workplace Relations Manager to join our Corporate Human Resources team. The position reports to the Director of WR Investigations and will be responsible for conducting internal investigations and independent reviews. Primary areas of responsibility include conducting investigations related to workplace relations and ethics concerns, analyzing facts and assessing credibility of evidence, conducting independent reviews and environmental pulses, summarizing and debriefing findings and feedback, and coordinating with HR, legal and management on recommendations for corrective actions and other recommendations as required by findings. Additionally, the WR Manager will work collaboratively with the team to continually improve processes and provide innovative workforce solutions approaches. The WR Manager will also assist legal in gathering information and drafting responses to external claims.
- Lead/conduct investigations and/or organizational assessments related to WR and ethics concerns.
- Document investigations and investigative results and recommendations.
- Provide guidance and recommendations to line HR and management on investigation or independent review findings to include leadership development, individual or team training and development, or team building strategies
- Follow up to ensure business is aligned with recommendations and provide further guidance if required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, 12+ years of progressive HR experience; including significant experience in workplace relations.
- Strong interpersonal, as well as oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate and relate to diverse constituencies.
- Proven track record of partnering with legal, line management and HR leaders on workplace relations matters.
- Knowledge of federal and state laws employment laws and government regulations, as well as interpretation and administration of policies and procedures.
- Flexibility, adaptability and ability to work under pressure.
- Earns the confidence and trust of others, delivers on commitments, demonstrates high standards of ethical conduct, and protects confidential information.
- Investigation and resolution of complex workplace relations cases; exposure to external claims (i.e. EEOC, litigation, mediation, arbitration, etc.).
- Must be able to work independently but also collaborate well with team when necessary.
- Strong analysis skills in order to interpret data necessary to identify trends and areas of risk.
- Ability to use diplomacy and tact in confrontational situations.
- Excellent conflict resolution and negotiations skills.
- Strong planning and organization skills, as well as attending to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Advanced/Master’s Degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations or related field.
- Professional certifications/designations such as PHR or SPHR.
Pay Range:Pay Range $101,400.00 - $156,000.00 - $210,600.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.