Leidos is seeking an Exchange System Administrator to support a large enterprise IT contract for the DOD.
This role requires an individual with extensive experience administering Exchange and email retention systems within a physical and virtual server environment. Duties include examining incidents and problems and suggesting and implementing appropriate corrective action to initiate a repair or return to service. These include maintaining systems for email journaling, archiving, and eDiscovery on local and cloud platforms. This role analyzes recurring problems and initiates solutions for preventing reoccurrence and analyzes existing infrastructure for tuning/performance enhancements. The individual will provide systems and software operations and maintenance support in a large, multi-enclave enterprise environment. This individual will work in a team environment to ensure mission needs are met and ensure functionality of capabilities of customers. Individuals in this role may be required to perform technical software configuration, rebooting, and other remedial actions on servers.
- Individuals in this role may be required to remotely log into servers in order to perform technical software configuration, rebooting, and other remedial actions.
- Provide implementation, troubleshooting, maintenance, and monitoring support for physical and virtual servers.
- Collaborate with peers and other service lanes to perform network latency analysis to address slow connections and user experience issues.
- Join effort to collect data, conduct analysis, develop, and implement solutions associated with incident tickets and requirements.
- Establish and maintain comprehensive availability and capacity management solution using lessons learned and best business practices
- Provide follow-up reports (technical findings, feedback, resolution steps taken) for root cause analysis, operational assessment and process improvement initiatives.
- Support customer requirements in a 24/7/365 environment and be able to provide on-call support during outages occurring after hours.
- Update operations and monitoring documentation for 24/7/365 Operations Watch personnel.
- Supporting issues related to group mailboxes and distribution lists to include designating an end-user(s) as the group mailbox owner.
- Managing and operating email routing devices and services (like McAfee, Proofpoint and Edge devices).
- Perform day-to-day management and administration for Exchange Online system within an Office 365 hybrid/cloud environment.
- Manage, maintain, and troubleshoot email retentions systems utilizing Veritas Enterprise Vault.
- Managing roles and services, user permissions, email queues, and dynamic distribution groups
- Implementation of Exchange PowerShell to fulfill automation tasks
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience with interacting with service lanes to handle service inquiries and problems.
- Experience working as a Tier 2 system administrator: familiar with using exchange/vault tools.
- Experience with Office 365 and Microsoft Exchange 2016
- Experience troubleshooting issues in a growing environment.
- Time management skills with the ability to work within an IT Service Management/ticketing system (ServiceNow) independently
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Track record of working effectively within a team, and support to peers toward improved processes and results.
- Ability to triage and properly classify incidents and prioritize work efforts accordingly
- Strong experience with planning, deploying, and documenting patch and configuration updates
- Knowledge of Disaster Recovery for High Availability for a Large Environment
- Extensive Experience with log reviews, incident analysis, and identification of issue trends
- Experience with server patch management methodologies utilizing SCCM
- Candidate must meet DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification requirements (Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, GSEC, or SSCP).
- Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US Citizenship is required.
- TS/SCI with CI Poly required for Position or TS/SCI and willingness to get a poly.
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.