The NASA IT portfolio within Civil-EMS currently has an opening for a M365 Engineer. This is a telework position, but the ideal candidate will reside within reasonable commute distance from a NASA operating center. NEST is an IT Services program supporting customers within NASA. The program provides a range of managed IT services, including Exchange/Office 365 engineering and support, Service Desk, desk side support, Windows, Mac and Linux workstation engineering and maintenance, managed print services, ITSM, Active Directory services, and video conferencing, among others.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced engineer looking to work on a large complex program serving over 60,000 users – in the US and internationally.
The Office 365 Engineer is responsible for the configuration, administration, support, and maintenance of the NASA Office 365 environment. This includes Microsoft Exchange. Teams, Defender and SharePoint and how those technologies can integrate with other solutions such as Cisco WebEx, ServiceNow, etc.
The individual will be a member of the NEST Office 365 team and will work with teammates, the NASA customers and other NASA contractors to support the Office 365 environment.
The individual selected for this position should have a technical background in the key Microsoft 365 technologies – Exchange, Defender, SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams, etc.
The candidate should have the ability to multitask and manage several priorities.
The ability to clearly articulate technical messages for a variety of audiences - end users and management - both through written and verbal means, will be a critical skill necessary for success in this position.
- Create and maintain system documentation, test plans, work instructions, and knowledge articles along with business continuity strategies on Office 365 services.
- Partner with NEST vendors to monitor product roadmaps and participate in technology previews.
- Be a part of technical teams in execution of large technical projects or processes.
- Influences project/team leaders regarding solution design, process, and/or approaches.
- Complete tasks related to change implementation, incident resolution, and project delivery.
- Responsible for the helping support and administer the Office 365 environment for NASA.
- Maintains a comprehensive technical understanding of all aspects of Office 365
- Introducing new and modify existing Office 365 features and services across NASA and support customer issues.
- Delivering, supporting, and enhancing technologies from Office 365.
- Working with security to enhance security posture of our environment.
- Managing and creating PowerShell scripts.
- Assist development teams with strategy and technical guidance for API integrations with Microsoft and other partner organizations.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of existing and emerging Office 365 and related core technologies.
- Develops solutions to complex technical issues and problems that impact multiple areas and disciplines.
- Follow necessary Change Management processes and procedure.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 8-12 years or prior relevant experience.
- Experience as an IT systems administrator.
- Experience in delivering and operating IT solutions in a large enterprise.
- Demonstrated Microsoft Office 365 experience in Exchange, SharePoint, Teams, OneDrive, etc.
- Project management experience.
- Candidate selected will be subject to a Government Public Trust security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to the customer’s information. US Citizenship is required. Current clearance is not required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to multitask and function in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in leading or working with teams delivering some of the following technologies:
- Design of various solutions: Software solutions: web-based, database (e.g., Oracle, Microsoft SQL) focused; Infrastructure for desktops and server support
- Managed services solutions (e.g., Help Desk, Desktop Management, Data Center management, etc.)
- Windows operating system (e.g. Windows 10, Windows Server 2016/2019)
- Exchange 2016 and Office 365 administration experience.
- IT infrastructure components such as Active Directory
- ITSM systems (such as ServiceNow or Remedy) and integrations with key infrastructure components
- Software Development utilizing Agile
- Cloud-based Architectures (e.g. AWS or Azure)
List additional skills and experience that is “nice to have” but not required.
- Past experience with NASA, Department of Justice, Department of Defense…etc.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.