Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Your greatest work is ahead!
Use your skills to support Warfighters under Biometrics contract in Fairmont, WV. This program will provide operations, maintenance, software sustainment services and hardware procurement services, and associated support for all devices associated with the system. This position will be responsible for writing, editing, proofreading and/or providing writing support on non-technical and/or technical documents or sections of documents such as manuals, procedures and specifications. Types of writing and editing could include, technical, creative, digital, marketing, and product development. Duties may include designing and developing technical manuals, brochures, training materials, or other documentation for internal use, customer reference, marketing, or other purposes. Also, researching technical reference materials, gathering relevant technical information, coordinating with stakeholders or other experts, developing draft and final copies of documentation while ensuring documents meet editorial and government specifications and adhering to standards for quality, graphics, coverage, format and style
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Interface with program management, system and software engineers, subject matter experts and customer personnel in an Agile environment
- Support creation, editing, and on-time delivery of required of contractually required documentation
- Maintain program’s documentation library and tracking tool
- Perform configuration management and archival of documentation deliverables
- Capture comprehensive meeting minutes, as required for management and customer-facing meetings
- Provide support to PMO with customer communications; create customer and internal Leidos presentations
- Perform a large variety of editorial functions, which include: formatting and stylesheet verification, editing, rewriting, revising, writing, and proofreading
- Will be responsible for editing reports, responses, and briefings directed to a wide range of stakeholders both internal and external
- Perform QA reviews of products to ensure the information is useful and clear
- Develop comprehensive documentation that meets internal standards and meets contractually required deadlines
- Effectively communicate with authors, Sponsors and leadership to resolve issues and mitigate risks
- Flexibility to respond to changing program needs, supporting other duties as assigned
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Requires a Bachelors Degree with 2+ years of applicable experience
- Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong attention to detail is key
- Self-motivated, creative, organized, and able to accomplish tasks under limited supervision
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Key technical skills include a high proficiency in Microsoft Office products, SharePoint, and Atlassian Products (Jira and Confluence)
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Active DOD Secret Clearance
- MS Word expertise
- MS Powerpoint expertise
Pay Range:Pay Range $52,650.00 - $81,000.00 - $109,350.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.