The Leidos Intelligence Group is seeking talented Geologists in Reston, Virginia. The successful candidate will provide daily broad-based understanding of geological and geotechnical engineering disciplines in a defense environment. The selected candidate will have experience in drilling, core logging, mining, tunnel construction and design, trenchless technology, rock mass characterization and intelligence analysis skills.
- Use exploitation products, intelligence resources and geological/geotechnical expertise to produce intelligence to characterize selected sites.
- Provide geological/geotechnical guidance and judgment throughout the characterization process to produce accurate intelligence estimates.
- Work within a matrixed team to include intelligence & imagery analysts, geologists, and engineers to translate characterization analysis to construct Underground Targeting & Analysis System (UTAS)/ Integrated Munitions Effects Assessment (IMEA) 3-D models for weaponeering.
- Brief senior officials regarding capability trends and analysis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering Geology, Geology or Mining/Geotechnical Engineering discipline with 4+ years of experience conducting geotechnical research and field collection.
- Strong background in geomechanics, computer modeling, field geophysics and tunnel/slope rock mass characterization geotechnical engineering.
- Familiar with Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) and MATLAB.
Security Clearance Required to be Considered
- TS/SCI with Poly required for Position or TS/SCI and willingness to get a poly.
- Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US Citizenship is required.
- Current Polygraph
- Professional Geologist accreditation
- Military targeting experience
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.