Facility Engineer—Flight Services
Leidos is seeking a Facility Engineer who is responsible for planning and managing all aspects of facility operations and support for the Flight Service HUB and Data Center at our Fort Worth Texas facility, in support of Future Flight Service Program (FFSP).
Duties include general facility maintenance, manage/monitor construction/maintenance projects, maintenance vendor management for power and HVAC, office furnishing and upkeep, Building Access Security and Video surveillance management/control/and monitoring.
Facility Engineer responsibilities:
• Directs activities that have significant impact on the achievement of results for the FFSP Flight Service Program in delivering 24x7x365 Flight Service Operations. Work requires a high degree of responsibility for time and resources, and frequently influences organizational or operational decisions made by leadership.
• Problems and issues faced can be complex, may involve limited information, and have a direct impact on the delivery of Flight Services. Conduct extensive investigation to understand the root cause of problems to ensure return to service of facility and systems with appropriate break/fix implementations. Problems are highly complex and typically involve multiple systems, projects, or maintenance vendors.
• Communicates with FFSP Program Management staff, FFSP Operations Management, and local employees within the facility and has responsibility for communicating with diverse parties external to the organization with respect to Facility Operations and local Landlord representatives. Negotiates and influences others to understand and accept new concepts, practices, and approaches.
Seeking Subject Mater Expert in the support and operational maintenance of a 24 x 7 x 365 Operational Flight Service Facility. Successful candidate will have prior experience supporting all aspects of facility maintenance and upkeep and will be responsible for the supporting the following maintenance responsibilities:
• After Hours Emergency Support Coverage – 24x7x365
o Required to respond to all after hours calls for Emergency Support
o Affect repairs/changes as necessary to mitigate situation
o Ensure facility remains in an Operable Condition
• General Facility Maintenance
o Perform routine Facility repairs in house
o Coordinate skilled repairs with support Maintenance vendors
• Coordinate/Perform Oversight to all maintenance vendors
o Responsible for escorting maintenance vendors and oversight to ensure all work completed successfully
o Manage/Coordinate/Monitor Facility Janitorial Staff for proper completion of daily responsibilities
• Environment Safety & Health (ESH)
o Responsible for facility cleanliness, facility safety, conditions, reporting
o Support Corporate yearly Facility ESH Inspections
• Facility Operations (Maintenance and Support)
o KatoLight 750Kva generator
o HVAC Systems (External/Internal)
o (2) Mitsubishi 150Kva UPS Systems
o Lenel Security Systems (Door access controls) and Deployed Cameras
o ExacqVision Video Surveillance Systems
o Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly/Yearly Reporting Checklists
o All major maintenance activities occur in Maintenance Windows 9:00pm to 5:00am
• Monitor & Control Facility Access
o Monitor/Manage Facility Personnel Access to Facility
o Perform Badging function for Full Time and Temporary personnel
o Monitor & Review Facility Camera Feeds
• Facility Operations Coordination with FFSP Program Office for Facility Continuity between Facilities
o All Facility Support work coordinated to ensure Flight Service Facilities implement changes are consistent across facilities.
• Process facility changes through established Procedures and Approval Process
o Work Orders for Vendor Support
o FFSP Change Requests
o Request/Order processes for Facility Material
• Support adjacent IT and Depot personnel in their performance of responsibilities
o Installation of IT/Automation/Facilities related cable infrastructure enhancements
o Installation of Automation Equipment Racks
• Coordinate daily support activities with On-Site Operations Director
• Create/implement facility personnel move plans
• Create yearly facility improvement & refurbishment plans
o Coordinate Plans for approval
o Coordinate Budget Requirements with FFSP Program Office
• Requires a Bachelor’s of Science degree or relevant Facility Management Trade Certifications and a minimum of 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant experience.
• Facility Maintenance and Support Technical Background
• Requires deep understanding and prior work experience supporting facility management operations. Typically has mastery within a specific technical facility operations discipline/area or broad expertise across multiple related facility disciplines.
• 10 Years of solid diverse Facility Maintenance support to enterprise networks
• Generally, M-F, 8 Hour Shift, 40 Hours per week (Flexible work schedules are available)
• After Hours Maintenance Support is a requirement
• Maintenance Window (Critical Maintenance Window (Emergency Support) 24 x 7, M- S Scheduled)
• Must respond to all Emergency Events
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.