The Government Health and Safety Operation has an opening for a Data Engineer to support a large healthcare contract in Baltimore
- You will help improve our data pipelines, enhance data security, optimize data models and database designs, and write code hands-on to process the data more efficiently and support storage, processing, and analysis of terabytes of personal health information (PHI) across millions of users
- You will work with architectures and the CTO team to assess and research technologies, AWS services, and frameworks for our Data, Cloud, & DevSecOps pipelines
- Documenting, improving, and maintaining data strategies and artifacts, including logical and physical data models, data dictionary, data roadmap, and data security policies, using industry best practices and adhering to federal standards
- Managing AWS data stores such as EMR/Hive, Databricks, RDS, Athena, and Redshift, while maintaining data governance, retention policies, and lifecycles
- Collecting data access patterns and reviewing current data models to optimize designs for customer use cases
- Interpreting data and analyzing results using statistical techniques
- Measuring and reporting on data quality, similarity, lineages, and trends across all data sets
- Standardizing data ingestion and processing pipelines to scale with increased usage and utilization
- Maintaining a data catalog and automating metadata classification and publishing
- Auditing and reverse-engineering business rules in legacy systems, and building data connectors for integrating them into the Data and Analytics platform
- Providing subject matter expertise and leading data and architecture review meetings
- Reviewing and improving data governance policies and processes
- Establishing and adhering to Service Level Agreements (SLAs) related to cloud resources’ Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), such as Recovery Point Objective (RPO), Recovery Time Objective (RTO), Mean Time to Repair (MTTR)
Education and Experience:
- B.S. or M.S in Computer Science or related field. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 4+ years software engineering experience (or M.S. Computer Science with 3+ years of relevant experience)
- 4+ years of experience in object-oriented Python software development
- 3+ years of experience in AWS cloud data architecture and big data technologies, including EMR, Databricks, Hive, Spark, AWS Glue, Athena, and Redshift
- Experience working in AWS
- Experience with data orchestration frameworks such as Apache Airflow and Luigi
- Experience with data lake architectures and building ETL pipelines to ingest, process, and store data
- Experience with analytical tools such as SAS Viya, Databricks, AWS Sagemaker, AWS QuickSight, and EMR Notebook/Studio
- Knowledge of statistics and
- Proficient with relational databases and advanced SQL
- Comfortable troubleshooting complex data and systems interaction problems
- Knowledgeable with Jenkins CI/CD, deployment best practices, and access controls (e.g. IAM Policies, IAM Roles, etc.)
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and concisely in oral and written form
- Experience with DevOps Configuration Management and IaC tools such as Ansible, Terraform, and CloudFormation, is a plus
- Experience with security scanning tools (e.g. Nessus, BurpSuite, Netsparker, OWASP, etc.) is a plus
- Experience with healthcare quality data including provider data, beneficiary data, claims data, and quality measure data, such as Part A, B, C and D datasets, is a plus
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.