Leidos has an immediate need for a Cybersecurity Engineer to support the Air Force Special Operations Command (AFSOC) Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA) Operations Center (ROC) program. The selected candidate will be the cybersecurity subject matter expert on a larger, geographically dispersed team. Preferred duty location is the Hurlburt Field, FL area with acceptable alternatives being the Colorado Springs, CO area or Cannon AFB, NM area.
- Research and develop technical and programmatic cybersecurity Concept of Operations (CONOPS) for new and existing capabilities
- Ensure adherence to evolving cybersecurity standards using scan tools and manual guides (e.g. Nessus, Security Technical Implementation Guides)
- Develop technical and written solutions to cybersecurity vulnerabilities (e.g. Group Policy, Scripts, documentation)
- Support the achievement and maintenance of Authority to Operate (ATO) awards and all associated artifacts
- Execute and support cybersecurity assessments, internal and as part of Security Assessor evaluations
- Support Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) documentation and remediation
- Support site Information Systems Security Officers (ISSOs) when required
- Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity, Information Technology, or a related discipline with four (4) years of related experience; additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- DoD 8570 IAT Le)vel II or higher certification (e.g. Security+ CE or better)
- Hands on experience with compliance and vulnerability scanning tools (e.g. ACAS, SCC, Nessus)
- Hands on experience with developing and integrating cybersecurity solutions
- Experience with National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Proficient with MS Office products
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient interpersonal skills as part of a team and capable of working independently
- Business travel to customer, vendor, and other Leidos locations will be required as needed, not to exceed 25%
- Candidate must possess an active DOD Top Secret level security clearance, and be eligible to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI level clearance.
- Experience with Cross Domain Solutions (CDS), Multi-Level Security (MLS), and virtualized environments
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.